CAMPING. Indepth explaining of camping with strats and counterplay

Camping is like time, its relative! The flow of time is different for the person who is using the toilet and for the person who impatiently waits in front of the restroom. Same thing with camping! The person on the hook does interpret camping different then the killer or even other survivor.

There are different kinds of playstyles that people sum up as camping eventhough they have completly different intends and results.

1) Classic Facecamping aka Bubbas realm:

  • Intent: To kill the person on the hook
  • Distance: "Smell their breath"-distance
  • Will leave the hook: When the survivor dies
  • Counter: DO the gens and leave, the person on the hook should waist as much time as possible!

2) Close proximity patrolling aka I know people are not near the hook, but I will still patrol in 8m radius because I realy need this kill.

  • Intent: To kill the person on the hook
  • Distance: up to 8m and quick turning back
  • Will leave the hook: When the survivor dies
  • Counter: 3 People teamwork can save against most killer in the game - does not work on Bubba, Oni with power, Meyers with power, Plague with power

3) Close proximity patrolling aka I saw you hidding and noone else on BBQ I will not leave because I have nowhere to go

  • Intent: To hunt a different person but without gifting them a free unhook, because you are not obligated to do so at all
  • Distance: up to 8m and quick turning back
  • Will leave the hook: When there is a new survivor to hunt and NO clicking flashlight 30m away then tbag and then imidiantly start running away will NOT motivate to leave, if you want an exhange the come close enough to be considered an offering to leave the hook, because you need to understand that the time is running for the killer you will need to interfere eventually so do it right away
  • Counter: Over the killer a chase alternative, most killer will happily accept gameplay instead of hookpatroling, but like I said before dont BM, dont flashlight click, dont Tbag! This will not motivate but just make the killer more angry not to leave you a free unhook.

4) Far proximity patrolling aka I saw that you are near the hook, but I am feeling great today so I will gift you the unhook and hunt the one who unhooked

  • Intent: Gift the survivor the unhook eventhough it is not the most effective thing to do at all and then hunt the unhooker
  • Distance: The closest thing to do aka the closest gen to kick the closest pallet to break
  • Will leave hook: already did leave, but will return for the person who unhooked
  • Counter: DONT hide, if the killer returns and there is only the injured person from the hook this will be his target, if you saved then take the responsibility and play with the killer instead of farming your teammate!

5) Leaving the hook but person gets unhooked so I return aka I was not camping you are just impatient

  • Intent: Hunt people, you are fault that you dont allow the killer to leave!
  • Distance: variable
  • Will leave hook: already did leave, but had to return because its the closest survivor to hunt
  • Counter: dont unhook while in heartbeat or while not in chase

6) I was hunting that one person who discided to go near the hook and then start using the loops around the hook aka ######### should I do? Just leave? May I maybe go serve you some cold drings when you unhook for free?

  • Intent: Hunting the person
  • Distance: Close to the prey
  • Will leave the hook: already did, you just brought the killer back to the hook
  • Counter: Dont bring the killer near the hook again

Doing the first kind of camping aka "Classic Facecamping aka Bubbas realm" is bad at any situation and I have no excuse for that! EVERY other kind of "camping" has his place in the game and is not only viable but even CRUCIAL to do under some circumstances if you want to win the game. 4-6 is not camping, people calling this camping just experience it this way because its from they perspective. 3 is viable thing to do because you are not obligated to give a free unhook, survivor do not gift you a gen nore do they offer them selfs to be hooked when the doors are open at the end of the day.

2 is also viable especially if you are defending survivor and a gen or a gate in the same time or the gates are open and this is the only thing to do to get a kill! Survivor often demand that you leave the hook and start hunting a different person BUT the person that is offering himself as the prey does not give you a fair chance to get him, he has several second chance perks and an opned gate very close and even then there are 3 other survivor with flashlights and pallets ready to save him. You are the killer, you need to kill, the person that you will kill with the highest chance is the person on the hook, leaving the hook without an advantage to hook the next person is ineffective and should not be done if you want to win.

BEST ANTICAMPING ADVICE: Dont hide from BBQ! If the killer sees 2 person on a gen he will more often leave the hook to prevent gens from popping then stay there! But if you hide yourself the killer will have nowhere to go because he might think everyone is inside 32m radius ready to unhook!

Comments

  • The ultimate anti-camping guide:

    "Does the killer have a one-shot?"

    Yes *Wait for logical time to unhook*

    No *Hold W at hook with borrowed time*

  • @DaKnight said:

    The ultimate anti-camping guide:

    "Does the killer have a one-shot?"

    Yes *Wait for logical time to unhook*

    No *Hold W at hook with borrowed time*

    Its not far from the truth for the worst or the best.