Devs, is there a baseline MMR for killers?

I was thinking this for the past few days and seeing the Scottjund video led me to make this post. I want to know if killers have a baseline MMR.

For example, in Smash Bros every fighter has a thing called GSP which is used for matchmaking. Win with a fighter and their unique GSP goes up, along with the general GSP. If you switch to a new fighter it will use the general GSP for matchmaking. That way if you switch to a different fighter you would fight stronger opponents than you would have when starting the game.

Now to bring us back to DBD, the devs have said that each killer has an unique MMR, but they haven't mentioned if there's a baseline MMR for all killers. While, for example, Wraith and Freddy have different abilities, they still utilize the same skills such as chasing, map pressure and time management, so an expert Wraith can play Freddy for the first time and still be decent at him. So a baseline MMR is needed to prevent killers moping the floor with rank 20s by switching to a rarely used character.

Therefore, I want to know if there's a baseline MMR in place right now for matchmaking. If there is then its value needs to be increased so skilled killers aren't facing against new survivors. If there's not then I'm not sure how this MMR made it past internal testing.

Comments

  • I believe there isnt as my personal experience with Killers I rarely play (or not play at all, yesterday I tried a game with Nurse, a Killer I may have played like 10 times in a game where I have ~1000 hours) and I got paired against Survivors with less than 3 hours in the game judging by their Steam profile, the poor guys got stomped, similar experiences with Hag (which I bought for this Rift) and Spirit which I only played for her Rift.

    With a baseline MMR I wouldnt be paired with people that fresh.

  • A baseline MMR wouldn't hurt but it would have to be done in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose of the MMR system in the first place. I think once everyone escapes the elo hell after a few hours on survivor or each killer the games should be much better. It's gonna suck for a while though but it's better than watching your old system fall apart around you.

  • @coppersly said:

    A baseline MMR wouldn't hurt but it would have to be done in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose of the MMR system in the first place. I think once everyone escapes the elo hell after a few hours on survivor or each killer the games should be much better. It's gonna suck for a while though but it's better than watching your old system fall apart around you.

    Yeah hopefully after a while MMR will be better but a baseline MMR should exist as a person shouldn't have multiple killers at 0 MMR when they played the game for 100s of hours just because they don't play those killers often.

    There are 20 killers in the game. If it takes 10 matches per killer to reflect your true ranking according to the devs, then that's still 200 matches to get every killer to the skill level they are supposed to be at. I know it not like that for everyone as people have a few killers that they play a lot but even taking away half the roster that's still 100 matches, which is way too much.

  • The Dev's only stated it would be per killer. now the baseline is in my assumption 0. this is someone who has not played the killer or faced the killer. and it changes from there up or down. you can say it starts at 5 but essentially if all start there, that is effectively 0 but keeping the calculations all in the positives to make things easier. here is the problem though, it's hidden, and since it was working perfectly as it was said before and people are getting wacked match ups with 2 hour or less game time vs their 1000+ red rank hours. I'm skeptical MMR is even implemented and it's a smoke screen. but that is only my opinion on this and i hope it is resolved soon enough.