The Scummiest Perk In The Game

If you read the title and guessed this would be about Hex: Devour Hope...give yourself a Milky Button.

This perk promotes and encourages the most dullest style of gameplay in dbd. Get a hook, leave with an intention of not going anywhere far in particular (maybe PGTW a gen because every boosted sod runs that perk now) and then come right back, either for a tunnel or to get a free chase and hook off the rescuer, because Hex spawns are typically trash they feel they need those tokens asap, thus making every Devour Hope match the crappest thing you could possibly vs in DBD. This perk needs hard nerfing, it really does. 24m away 3/5x for an insta-down/kill - that range should be 32m at least. This perk is disgusting. I'm making this post about it because it would seem like some tit of a streamer is clearly using this perk on every build they do because almost every match lately has had this perk used in it. Agree with the post or not, this rant is very valid in it's basis, Devour is a disgustingly boring perk to find yourself vsing in any match. Not to mention most players have the attitudes of "oh, my Hex is gone. I guess I have no reason to leave the proximity of the hook now." Jeez that perk really riles me up XD

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515274#Comment_1515274

    I don’t think the reasoning is invalid. 24m does kinda promote proximity patrol, whereas 32m would be healthier.

    Even then its on the player if he camps or not, not the perk. The perk itself doesnt encourage tunneling or camping

  • 107613336_3349139211776751_2602608405158238234_n.jpg

    how are you boosted for using pop it rewards you for getting hooks

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I was expecting a thread about Insidious not gonna lie.

    I have to admit I'm surprised people dislike Devour Hope. I never use it myself but as a survivor I think it's a pretty "exciting" perk to go against because of the "shock effect" when the first person gets hits by 3 tokens Devour and suddenly it's NOT all about them gens anymore and you just know you gotta find and destroy that totem before the killer gets the other 2 tokens allowing them to go for the mori.

    I like the concept as it switches things up A LOT when it works. Also I think it's an interesting way to implement moris without offerings that allow you to mori someone out of the game within the first minute.

    But just out of curiousity: You said you want it nerfed so how would YOU nerf it if you could?

    Exactly what he said. It makes a match more exciting. Matches can get monotonous and this really changes things up. I know when I’ve been in that situation, I feel this tenseness all of a sudden. I want anything that’s going to up the horror element.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    If you read the title and guessed this would be about Hex: Devour Hope...give yourself a Milky Button.

    This perk promotes and encourages the most dullest style of gameplay in dbd. Get a hook, leave with an intention of not going anywhere far in particular (maybe PGTW a gen because every boosted sod runs that perk now) and then come right back, either for a tunnel or to get a free chase and hook off the rescuer, because Hex spawns are typically trash they feel they need those tokens asap, thus making every Devour Hope match the crappest thing you could possibly vs in DBD. This perk needs hard nerfing, it really does. 24m away 3/5x for an insta-down/kill - that range should be 32m at least. This perk is disgusting. I'm making this post about it because it would seem like some tit of a streamer is clearly using this perk on every build they do because almost every match lately has had this perk used in it. Agree with the post or not, this rant is very valid in it's basis, Devour is a disgustingly boring perk to find yourself vsing in any match. Not to mention most players have the attitudes of "oh, my Hex is gone. I guess I have no reason to leave the proximity of the hook now." Jeez that perk really riles me up XD

    if you get tunneled like that, just don't struggle if nobody seems to be doing anything (or able to) and you miss the ds or used it already and start another match. with mmr change you'll probably be rewarded for that anyways being less likely to deal with similar killers eventually, one could hope. so it really isn't too much of a bother. until then, try and not get tunneled, and start using others as bait while getting as many gen points as you can and keeping an eye out for the hatch as you move around between since it's probably a hatch match. obviously if you find the totem, and you see by the UI the killer is involved in a chase or you already know where the killer is, kill the totem for it. Then be prepared to get focused hard for it if they catch you near the area afterward ha ha.

  • Wow, complaining about devour hope haha I guess it was only a matter of time. What's next, haunted grounds? Retribution?

  • Do bones, use detectives hunch :).

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1515274#Comment_1515274

    Lol like hovering 25m away isn't camping. Love, that's 1m further than Spirit, Hag, Deathslinger's base terror radius. Be honest, what Devour Hope gamers do you ever see playing their typical style of gameplay when the perk is active? The hard majority realise totem spawn locations on most maps suck so they aim to get as many tokens as possible before it goes. It hardly promotes not camping, since it doesn't take more than 3 seconds to make up a distance of 25m

    >Hardly promotes not camping

    Not only does this perk immediately show how balanced it is by being a totem in the first place, but if it gets to three or five stacks, that's the survivor's fault. Literally every bit of the perk depends on survivors being saviors. If they don't find the totem, oh well.

    But back to the reason I picked that little snippet. How does it promote camping, if I may ask? If anything, it gives me/others more reason to leave and pressure gens, or chase someone else outside of the hook radius. There is zero reason to stand outside it and wait for someone to unhook. If you stand still outside of a chase to mind game, that's just a waste of time. That's like waiting around at a gen almost 50% while others decide to do another one.

    Hell, even if it is a Spirit, or whatever 'campy' killer you want to draw from the deck, survivors shouldn't sit at a hook and heal in the first place unless they absolutely know the killer is busy. That's just the riskiest move out there.

  • Honestly, some of the other Hex perks like Lullaby and Third Seal need to be buffed to be at Devour Hope's level of impact. High risk high reward, not high risk low reward.

  • Lol when does it ever activate?

    If anything it's noed and ds

  • I was honestly expecting the scummiest perk to be Decisive Strike. I don't mind Devour Hope myself because I see it as a NOED/Mori you really have to work for.

  • I've only had a couple of games where it allowed me to down every survivor. Most of the time people are smart enough to cleanse totems.

  • Scummiest perks and changes IMO:

    BBQ and Chili - Go hide in a locker so the killer cannot see you when hanging a survivor (The only player on the map with a weapon, gets to see your location and where you are at. Despite we give DISTORTION a few ticks to make it seam "fair". )

    Nurses calling - get to see where the player is hiding that is healing.

    Make your choice - Punishes you for rescuing survivors.

    WARDEN - Locks you into the trial, despite you just opened the gate

    Whispers - Because I plan on late-gaming the last survivor.

    NOED - Is NOT a scummy perk. It is quite simple... cleanse all totems on the map. It is more of troll perk, because it punishes survivors for not taking the extra step the game has. LOLZ. (couple it with WARDEN, it is SALT inducing).

    Hatch closing and End Game Collapse - TBH The game needs something similar to HUNT: Showdown. A contract timer. If there was a hatch stand off, the game would have ended either way.

  • You know, it just occurred to me that so many people aren't getting Milky Buttons... and that's sad.

  • So a perk rewarding you for moving away from hooks is also bad now? (And it's a Hex so you can literally destroy it?)

    You want a camp perk or something, whats the idea here?

  • Actively encourages to not camp.

    Easily destroyed by survivors, becoming useless

    No early game or late game power

    Not useful on instadown killers

    Needs nerf.

    ???

    How have you arrived at this

    How. Show your work.

1 2 ›