New to playing Killer
Hey, it’s awesome to be on this forum it’s great to see the community doing so well. I’m new to playing killer and I was just wondering about a few things. Firstly veteran players if you were starting fresh today what are some things you wish you would have known? Also I was just curious is lunging worth it or is it a mistake?
Thank you for your time guys!!
FreeXpGaming
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Its good to play both sides at least few times to understand them more. Probably, the most important thing is to get BBQ as soon as you can, because grind is 1000h+ long. About the grind - I'd advice to not unlock perks of other killers/survivors that you dont want, because boring/useless perks can extend your grind and prevent you from unlocking what you really want. Dodge yellow perk cells that you do not need now. Well, I dont want to force any playstyle so go after what you like. The last advice is to not listen to end game chat. People may say NOED is wrong or Blood Warden is wrong, or something else is not to survivors liking.. thats just their opinion. Everything devs added to this game is ok. Have fun.
EDIT: I think both quick and lunge attack have the same cooldown (3s). You can use any.
I was the victim of many spins. Wish I could tell my overly anxious self to just calm the ######### down and when the survivors starts to spin me, just stop or take 1 step back and everything will work out.
Lunge is a great tool for hitting a survivor but it’s also a commitment and gives the survivor the ability to counter with Dead Hard or a well timed sprint burst. What you want to do is engage the chase with some basic knowledge of survivor plays and gimmicks. They will Dead hard if you lunge and they are injured. If they are walking in front of you, they are baiting you to swing an waste an extra 2 seconds while they sprint burst away. If you turn a corner with a locker and trackmarks insta disappear, they probably used quick n quiet and jumped in the locker, check it. If you turn and same thing happens but no locker, they simply hugged the corner crouching and because of you first person field of view, they simply let you walk by and slipped away behind you.
Window tech exists, if you ever follow a survivor through a window and have no idea where they went, in the animation of going through the window, you are screen locked and you don’t notice them hugging the wall next to window, when you step forward assuming where they went, they quietly slip back through the window. If you think they might window tech, just don’t move when you step through and look down. If you don’t move, your blocking the window, they have to actually wait for you to step away.
Good luck~
The 3 most important tips I'd give you would be:
1. Play fair, but don't feel like you owe anyone a win. If you need to tunnel someone to win do it but don't be a jerk about it.
2. Don't run NOED. It makes you a bad killer and forms bad habits. You won't learn how to pressure effectively or when to leave a chase.
3. Play both sides equally. The key to being a good killer is understanding survivor, and the key to being a good survivor is understanding killer.
Have fun and try not to get too frustrated with the unfair aspects of the game. Ignore toxic people and move on. :)
I wish i would've been told that it's just a game.
Had a pretty huge burnout, but came back and started playing with moderation, and now it's all good.
Lunging is pretty important, but normal hits do have their own benefits.
Lunges speed you up and go further, but normals are way faster, and both deal the same damage.
I disagree, I think NOED is a must on new killers. It can give you a second chance when you have a bad game. Survivors complain but they got plenty of second chance perks like decisive strikes. Some killers complain but they got better teachable perks so they no longer need it. Saying that as a killer main and SWF Survivor :)
Thanks for all the tips it’s really appreciated you guys are awesome!
I wish someone would have told me before hand that Nea's are evil.