A new kind of cheat?

Here's something new that I have never encountered before, a survivor that was unhookable.

Ever since dedicated servers were released I thought to myself, wow, I never have to deal with lagswitchers again.

And today while playing a bit of Huntress to get a daily I got a person with No Mither.

Not really anything weird about him, right until the part where I tried to hook him where he made his ping skyrocket into 1000ms+.

At first I was like, alright maybe I didn't look at his ping before this and his internet is dying.

Nope, the moment he got off my shoulder he dashed away at a smooth 60ms.

Funny though, he had a full perk set making him impossible to slug with Unbreakable, Soul Guard and No Mither.

Has anyone encountered this before? And is this just him kicking his router or just a new type of cheat?

Comments

  • Yes, it's a an exploit of some sort. I've ran into these survivors before, they were two using no mither. They'd jump into locker and were ungrabbable. Then when I downed them, I couldn't hook and I couldn't drop, until they wiggled out.