Question about MMR

Doubtlessly y'all have seen many threads about this already. Though I feel this needs to be asked again. If MMR has supposedly been tracked behind the scenes for months now, why does playing any role feel so bad right now?

I just had a match where I played plague for the first time in months, and I got completely obliterated by some extremely skilled survivors.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I've played mostly survivor for the past week, just absolutely wrecked a hillbilly who seemed to have little experience with him.

It seems like MMR has had the opposite effect of what the devs said, what is going on?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • MMR has been tracking behind the scenes for a while, but it's not been used for matchmaking during this time...so it's not fully accurate yet, it's needing some amount of games on each side before it can more accurately establish matchmaking.

  • @chieften333 said:

    Doubtlessly y'all have seen many threads about this already. Though I feel this needs to be asked again. If MMR has supposedly been tracked behind the scenes for months now, why does playing any role feel so bad right now?

    I just had a match where I played plague for the first time in months, and I got completely obliterated by some extremely skilled survivors.

    On the opposite end of the spectrum I've played mostly survivor for the past week, just absolutely wrecked a hillbilly who seemed to have little experience with him.

    It seems like MMR has had the opposite effect of what the devs said, what is going on?

    That's what happened with my huntress last night but all night. lets be honest maybe it does take time, maybe each killer/survivor really is different, hope so, but we don't know hell maybe nothing has changed at all and it pure random.

  • @Mandy said:

    MMR has been tracking behind the scenes for a while, but it's not been used for matchmaking during this time...so it's not fully accurate yet, it's needing some amount of games on each side before it can more accurately establish matchmaking.

    What exactly has it been tracking?

  • @Mandy said:

    MMR has been tracking behind the scenes for a while, but it's not been used for matchmaking during this time...so it's not fully accurate yet, it's needing some amount of games on each side before it can more accurately establish matchmaking.

    So is it character based or just killer and survivor? For instance I'm best with Freddy, Hag, Oni, Death but trash with Nurse, huntress will they at some point be matched differently?