I will never go out of my way to save SWF as solo
Ive been left to die so many times, if I even suspect that theres an SWF, Im not going to make dumbass plays to save them. If I cant get a safe unhook, Im not unhooking you. If Im working on the last gen and its almost done, Im not unhooking or healing you. And Im opening the gates and leaving.
Im done playing your game SWF. Im not going to die so your friends can escape.
Comments
Okay
Yeah dude, I've games where 3 survivors just left me to die on the hook, they keep run-past me all the time faking they would save but they wouldn't. I won't even risk my gameplay for the sake of others, unless the survivor was nice or cool during the match.
My friends and I are all altruistic people. We've had multiple games today in a 3 stack where we've had the option of leaving a random but chose to go back and make a save.
But I also understand every SWF team wouldn't do that for you.
My only suggestion is: Instead of taking a cold hard, set in stone approach, maybe treat them the way they treated you in that game. If they spent the whole game not helping you, sure leave em. If they helped you multiple times throughout the game, maybe consider returning the favor. You don't have to of course, but maybe consider it.
I'm sorry to hear that. I understand, when I play solo I get left for second stage so often it is frustrating.
But if you get in our 3 man we will totally save you. We always play "no rando dies tonight " and do all we can to get our randos out.
Unless you farm us on hook or something, even then we do our best
Remember there are a few good swfs out there that appreciate the work our randos do in game.
Unless the killer's camping the hook hard, and I'm dead on hook, I'll always try to go for a rescue. Heck sometimes I die trying but it's always worth it when the rando makes it out.
Last time I played solo and had a 3 man SWF for teammates (at least I think they were SWF as they ran the same perks) they rescued me from a facecamping infinite tier 3 Myers even though the gate was open and they could have just left (I actually wanted to give up on the hook so the killer wouldn't get a lucky endgame 4k but they were too close to the hook so I struggled).
Anyways they managed to bait him into a missed swing and unhooked with Borrowed Time allowing me to take a hit to cover them.
Long story short: We all escaped and they were the best teammates I've ever had in all my years of playing DBD as a solo. None of them even tbagged at the gate either. They were all about efficient plays rather than acting toxic.
Nice :)
Had a game not too long ago where the friend I was with was dead.. and he told me while spectating that the other survivor left alive had a key. 3 generators and 2 survivors left.. so I worked on a generator to make the hatch spawn, and then started looking for it. As soon as I found it, I see the other guy's aura being chased by the killer, so I run towards him and motion at him to follow me, allowing him to unlock the hatch and escape.. sadly, the killer was right there and he closed it in my face before I could follow. But hey at least one of us got out ;) If I had wanted to be selfish I could have just hidden somewhere and grabbed the key from his death hook to leave, but that thought didn't even cross my mind at the time, I wanted to get us both out, but the time it took the animation of him leaving was enough for the killer to be right on top of the hatch to close it.
i alway save can't stand see people on the hook but i make sure it be safe before doing it.
I think swf can go one of two extremes when you're solo. You get the ones that will 100% screw you over. Or you get the ones that don't want the killer to get even 1k and they'll team together to help you out in even a facecamp situation. Unfortunately the screw you over type tend to stick out more.
I don't unhook people that take item out of chest I'm searching or try to do item tech to me when I go to heal them. If someone is going to do petty bs like that it doesn't make me want to help them. We all have something that makes us not want to help others in a match. 🤷♀️
I just had a game where I took aggro from a billy endgame to make a risky save on a 2 man SWF. Had a really intense chase, went down, and both the 2 man left before I was even hooked but luckily the other random stayed long enough I could get my deliverance....
I can appreciate this a lot. My 'ambulance' build means I'm literally kitted out to save people quickly and efficiently, i leave the looping and such to those that are better at it. But oh boy, if you screw me or a team mate over you are so very much left in the dust as far as I'm concerned.
I'm altruistic because it's a niche that has worked out well for me and the team I'm playing in. If I'm in SWF, unless stated, they know to carry on with what their doing when someone goes down because the fabulous Jane and her We'll make it / Kindred combo is on the case! It's a little more frustrating when you're solo and can see 3 people running to a hook with the killer still there, even more so when you're on the hook and they can clearly SEE that you are there.
The only time i will abandon you is probably when there is less than a minute left on the EGC and the NOED totem is in a really well hidden place. Then again with roles reversed I'd rather sacrafice on hook than let a 1k game turn into a 4k.
OP, I'm sorry you've been saddled with selfish players, we aren't all jerks but i can understand how that doesn't mean much at the time when you're just tired of being the sacrificial lamb for someone else's team. I'm very much an advocate of treat people how they treat you on a game by game basis, but in reality, there is nothing to say that you 'have' to help people, especially if you're worn down by previous games.
TFW you run your medic build but Claudette just self care on your face.
I've had countless Solo Q matches with the other survivors are in a SWF and they've taunt me, sandbagged me, and left me to die. Solo survivors is generally a terrible experience.
I’ve had a few games where they clearly see me on hook and I die.Other times I later found out the killer was their friend.
I had a match today where an obvious SWF let me go to the struggle phase when I saved all those ungrateful players every time AND healed them. I had kindred. I can't.
i just don't like people anymore, so a swf is a swf in my book. i kinda just give up. my friends are just as bad as them. so, kyf's are not fun anymore.