Sync Error can be exploited to earn an infinite amount of bloodpoints

I had just finished playing a DBD match and decided to spend some of my 11000+ bloodpoints on my Nea.

Screenshot (89).png

This is my LVL 35 Nea Bloodweb.

Screenshot (90).png

As I had 11 494 bloodpoints, I bought a clean rag and a green gift box which granted me a hacksaw.

Screenshot (91).png

Right after that I hovered my mouse over the archive eye and pressed select challenge to go see the rift.

Screenshot (92).png

This is my current TOME IV challenge section - nothing has changed so far.

Screenshot (93).png

However, upon pressing "The Rift" section my bloodpoints were reverted back to 11 494 (previous state).

Screenshot (94).png

I pressed ESC until I was back in my survivor lobby. As you can see my bloodpoint value is still 11 494 and the previously purchased items are STILL purchased.

Screenshot (95).png

I then purchased Soul Guard lvl 1 and two other brown add-ons from my bloodweb. As you can see my bloodpoints were clearly spent once more.

Screenshot (96).png

After that, I went BACK to my rift using the SAME METHOD and I was ONCE MORE granted my bloodpoints back... Using this method I was allowed to pretty much clear out my LVL 35 bloodweb.

Screenshot (97).png

Upon purchasing the LAST item in the bloodweb, I was greeted with this common loading screen

Screenshot (98).png

and this error screen

Screenshot (99).png

Pressing "OK" and then pressing "Space" allowed me to go back to the main menu. I then clicked "Survivor" and was taken back to my LVL 35 bloodweb on Nea. All of the items were UNPURCHASED and my bloodpoints were still 11 494. I repeated all the steps as if my previous match had just ended and got the same results. This is how I took the screenshots.

I have not made ANY PROGRESS on my character using this "exploit" - as it always ends up resetting my lvl 35 bloodweb as if i hadn't purchased anything in it.

However, purchasing only the two first items (clean rag and gift box - which always gives me a hacksaw in this bloodweb) and then pressing ESC to go back to the main menu forced a game save and fixed the issue. My bloodpoints are now saved as 3 494 and are not reverting back to anything upon entering the rift.

I'm pretty sure some people will find a way around this exploit to not get their bloodwebs reset and get some progress out of it.

I hope this post will summon a fix and prevent them from doing so <3

I also hope I've remained clear throughout :D (If not, feel free to leave a question for me to answer)

Cheers,

MrGolden32467

Tagged: Pending

Comments