Taking a break because...

Of this stupid matchmaking. They said bringing in an mmr would help with trying new killers out. Wow what a shocker, it didn't.

Every single game my rank 13 killer (was 11 but I keep depipping) is being put against rank 1-4 survivors with keys and toxicity.

If killer is locked when queing, so should survivor. What's to say they go into que with a low level Laurie, but then swap to their p3 Claudette after they find a game?

I can't have any fun trying to play new killers because I'm stuck with dumb matchmaking. I tried my best to not make yet another matchmaking post on the forum but it's Bs.

Comments

  • Survivors are just skins lol

    But yeah, take a break or keep trying I guess

  • Because killers have different abilitys, and play very differently, thats why they got seperate rankings, and thus you can´t change them, because you could queue up with a low rank killer and switch to a high rank one for easy matches.

    Survivors, however, don´t have seperate ratings, since they are only skins anyway. Why is there a problem if they switch around? They have to coordinate with other survivors if they are solo.

  • @sulaiman said:

    Because killers have different abilitys, and play very differently, thats why they got seperate rankings, and thus you can´t change them, because you could queue up with a low rank killer and switch to a high rank one for easy matches.

    Survivors, however, don´t have seperate ratings, since they are only skins anyway. Why is there a problem if they switch around? They have to coordinate with other survivors if they are solo.

    @EmpireWinner said:

    Survivors are just skins lol

    But yeah, take a break or keep trying I guess

    While the survivor is only a skin they still have a level. The higher the level the higher level their perks are, and the better perks they have. The better chance they have better items. That's why I think they should be locked as well

  • @TwistedJoke65 said:

    Of this stupid matchmaking. They said bringing in an mmr would help with trying new killers out. Wow what a shocker, it didn't.

    Every single game my rank 13 killer (was 11 but I keep depipping) is being put against rank 1-4 survivors with keys and toxicity.

    If killer is locked when queing, so should survivor. What's to say they go into que with a low level Laurie, but then swap to their p3 Claudette after they find a game?

    I can't have any fun trying to play new killers because I'm stuck with dumb matchmaking. I tried my best to not make yet another matchmaking post on the forum but it's Bs.

    MMR is not implemented in the game yet.

  • Then why are the killers locked for que

  • Preparation for the upcoming MMR System. They are most likely already collection data in the background but this is only my guess.

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    Survivors are just skins lol

    But yeah, take a break or keep trying I guess

    You missed the point. A survivor can change last second and have a item, meaning you can't adjust your build accordingly.

  • They're gathering data for the MMR system before they actually release it so that not everyone starts at 0 and everyone has a lot of unbalanced matches for the first few days of the system.

  • @FilledPizza said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1502872#Comment_1502872

    They're gathering data for the MMR system before they actually release it so that not everyone starts at 0 and everyone has a lot of unbalanced matches for the first few days of the system.

    I thought that there was always an mmr for your killers, it just hasn't been used until now.