Pyramid Head is too strong.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but I feel like Pyramid Head's ability is far too complicated and advanced to make the game fun. He is soooooo versatile, his ability allows him to counter many survivor perks (DS, BT, We'll make it, etc.), and it allows him to counter loops as he is not punished for baiting his ability at all.

I don't understand how it can be fun to play a killer like that, he has little to no counterplay. Half of the time I feel like I'm relying on luck, or that he'll miss his POTD. Even then it doesn't matter because he'll just use it again 3 more times before he can't for a few seconds.

The only thing he is bad with is speed. However, I don't feel this is enough to make him have a downside, since he is still faster than survivors and can counter looping so well. Not to mention he can just Mori you at the end, so he can tunnel you after first hook and you can't even use DS.

To me his ability is just so annoying. When I find out who the killer is and it's PH, I just sigh because I know it's going to be either a boring or toxic game.

But it's okay guys, they nerfed Hillbilly! I am so happy about that because in red ranks hardly anybody played him because he was sooooooo OP and busted that it just made the game so unfun for everyone! (His addons were OP but now he's just a joke).

Bottom line, I feel that PH is far too strong and he needs some sort of balance adjustment to make him better to play against. He's actually super predictable but it feels like no matter what I do I'm going to get hit anyways.

They could add some sort of speed reduction when he is placing his barbed wire, making it less desirable for him to bait survivors into getting hit no matter what. They could instead even reduce his base speed a bit, making him similar to Spirit. Having a slower movement speed would allow for more survivor counterplay and would make looping seem like a more viable option.

Before all the sweaty kids come here and say that I'm just bad at the game, maybe I am, but I know a lot of people feel the same way. His ability is far too versatile and is a complete pain in the ass to play against. He sucks all the fun out of the game for me. Please let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas for how to make him better, or if you think he's okay the way he is, maybe explain why.

Comments

  • The only thing I don't like is the lack of cost to "baiting" the ability. Everytime you come up on a pallet or a window he can use his ability with practically no slowdown, then if you use the pallet/window he just hits you with the power. If you don't use the pallet or window he just stops using the ability and m1s you instead.

    It's not even that he's OP or unbeatable, it's just unfun. In my opinion cancelling his power should invoke a 2 or so second slowdown similar to huntress putting a hatchet away unless the ability is cancelled before fully charged. This way it's actually a mindgame to "bait" your power since the survivor has to try and predict whether you'll commit to the power or let go and you have to guess whether the survivor will throw the pallet or call your bluff.

    He can be buffed in compensation for this of course, as it would make him weaker, but more fun. I'm not sure what the buff should be, maybe some kind of tweak to the trails to make them better.

  • Don't step in his trails, you won't be sent to the gulag or get mini-moried at the end.

    If you give up every time you go against a pphead, you'll never get better at versing him.

  • Pyramid Head OP? seriusly?..

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    The only thing I don't like is the lack of cost to "baiting" the ability. Everytime you come up on a pallet or a window he can use his ability with practically no slowdown, then if you use the pallet/window he just hits you with the power. If you don't use the pallet or window he just stops using the ability and m1s you instead.

    It's not even that he's OP or unbeatable, it's just unfun. In my opinion cancelling his power should invoke a 2 or so second slowdown similar to huntress putting a hatchet away unless the ability is cancelled before fully charged. This way it's actually a mindgame to "bait" your power since the survivor has to try and predict whether you'll commit to the power or let go and you have to guess whether the survivor will throw the pallet or call your bluff.

    He can be buffed in compensation for this of course, as it would make him weaker, but more fun. I'm not sure what the buff should be, maybe some kind of tweak to the trails to make them better.

    Yeah I agree with that. It doesn't make any sense how she gets punished for it and he doesn't.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    Pyramid Head OP? seriusly?..

    Clearly we have a PH main here

  • Oh! just to say that I am already a PH main? lol

    I don't even like the killer, I say it from experience because of the times I faced him. In my opinion he is balanced. I recommend that you learn to counter its powers.

  • I think hes balanced, but it is undeniable hes easier to tunnel with than any other killer. I think the best course of action would be to allow hook perks to work on cages, so survivors get DS and BT, but he isn't nerfed because it lets him use bbq and pop.

  • I dont play pyramid head but when i play against him i find him one of the most balanced killers... theres a clear auditory warning for his power so you just have to be unpredictable and hide behind stuff. Chances are he will give up on his power or just miss you if you play it right. If you cant hide behind anything then he was probs gonna hit you anyways, he just used his power instead for those tasty bloodpoints. as for the tornment stage stuff, does it really matter? how many times can you say you have wiggled off his shoulder? I prefer going to the gulag cus I could spawn right next to a teammate and be freed instantly. The mini mori doesnt bother me either, it just lets me leave the game quicker when I go down for the third time. You arent gonna wiggle off so why complain lmao. Honestly, the torment stage doesnt matter at all so trying to bait people into it is purely for fun, it literally doesnt matter.