My opinion on the changes to Hillbilly and Leatherface now that they're live.

Hillbilly:

As a hillbilly main of three years, you'd think I'd have a lot to say about him, but not much actually. At first I was outraged at the incompetence of the devs who thought what they did to him wouldn't affect his gameplay much in the ptb, and I thought the stat changes wouldn't change much either, but they did. I'm starting to wonder why the even wasted their time by even adding the overheat mechanic, because it barely effected him at all (which I guess was the devs original intention?). The only time I even has the slightest chance of overheating is when I'm pressuring two points and have to switch between them constantly. His add-ons suck though, some are useless, hurt him more than help, or do the exact same thing as the originals, change them.

Leatherface:

I just played him and got my ass kicked (red ranks), and it was so genuinely fun that I forgot that i got hardcore gen rushed. Other than his tantrum and some of his chain add-ons, the rest are pretty good. The change to his base kit is simple yet so unbelievably effective, that it makes me wonder, what the hell went wrong for them to go from reworking Leatherface to reworking Hillbilly. Now I know I said I got my ass kicked, but that's for the majority of them match. I knew Leatherface was no longer utter garbage when the swf got too cocky after all the gens were done and I was securing the kill, they all gathered like moths around me (like usual during endgame) when I got out the chainsaw, and one go i got two on the ground and it didn't much longer to get the fourth. Got the 4k clutch that would've been impossible with old bubba. It was quite satisying to hear their illogical reasoning as to why I should've accepted the loss and not camped after all the gens were done.

Conclusion: They wasted their time changing Billy's base-kit since I notice all the looks down farther after finishing a sprint more than the overheat mechanic. Some of Billy's new add-ons suck and need to be tweaked. Good job on Leatherface, I don't see much change needed for him.

Comments