As a killer Separate MMR is sounding worse and worse

I play both sides and I’ve said something similar before, as survivor it doesn’t mean anything to me as in theory if I’m “good,” I’ll go against people who are good with the killer they’re using.

But as someone who plays killer and rotates a lot it may be fine eventually but for days, weeks, months I’m going to be going up against “weaker,” survivors and the games won’t be fun for either side.

For an example I haven’t played Myers in forever but I have all the perks, I know the fundamentals of the game and I play Wraith/pig/GF a lot so I’m pretty good with stealth killers. When I decide to play Myers I’ll be going against the equivalent of like rank 20 survivors...

They should at least do groupings for killer MMR so maybe Nurse was alone but then the above mentioned stealth killers all go off the same MMR. Then Huntress, Demo, Pyramid and Slinger could be together since they have the ranged mind game type powers. Freddy, clown and Doctor have anti-loop so they’re together. Of course those are just quick ideas I don’t k is where spirit would go maybe alone or maybe with Nurse? Also Hag is an outlier but not quite as strong as the them.

Comments

  • There was already a discussion like this and I think they have to accommodate the MMR with overall killer level, devotion level and so on to some point so that if you play against the "highest" MMR with your main killer, you start at "medium" with the ones you never played.

    But a kind of system like this is needed to get to know new killers without getting frustrated.

    Another point is in my opinion that if they generalise MMR for survivors, having separate perk collections for the "skins" becomes useless. But they would have then to do something similar for Killerside.

    But I will never think that they will actively reduce the grind for either side, because one way or another they might think that this would hurt their profits.

  • @burt0r said:

    There was already a discussion like this and I think they have to accommodate the MMR with overall killer level, devotion level and so on to some point so that if you play against the "highest" MMR with your main killer, you start at "medium" with the ones you never played.

    But a kind of system like this is needed to get to know new killers without getting frustrated.

    Another point is in my opinion that if they generalise MMR for survivors, having separate perk collections for the "skins" becomes useless. But they would have then to do something similar for Killerside.

    But I will never think that they will actively reduce the grind for either side, because one way or another they might think that this would hurt their profits.

    I mean once you reach a certain level of skill you can pick up any killer and at least put up a competitive fight. Nurse is the only real exception here.

    Thete should be some sort of bleed over, I don’t Know how much your MMR will go up by winning but if you 4k as trapper and it goes up 10 points all of your other killers should go up 2-4 points as well.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1499583#Comment_1499583

    I mean once you reach a certain level of skill you can pick up any killer and at least put up a competitive fight. Nurse is the only real exception here.

    Thete should be some sort of bleed over, I don’t Know how much your MMR will go up by winning but if you 4k as trapper and it goes up 10 points all of your other killers should go up 2-4 points as well.

    Thats what I mean. Your overall game understanding and sense will increase with playtime so it has to be incorporated.

    edit: But hey rank reset every month is also a brilliant idea if I can take a half year brake and then stomp on rank 17s. -.-