Good Myers Build?
Hello, I just bought Myers ( with another killer and 2 survivors) yesterday and was wondering what is the best or good build for Myers. I really want see what you all have for me. When you respond I will try to answer as soon as possible.
Comments
If nobody answers this I'm closing this at the end of today or 12:00 pm tomorrow.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uk0OnioNZgLly_Y9pZ1o0p3qYS9-mpknkv3DlkXAxGA/edit#gid=1886110215
I'm sorry I have to say this but for Myers I can only do PGTW. I don't have every killer. The only purchased killers I have are Clown, Myers and Bubba.
These are the only killers I have. Just so you know, so you don't expect me having all killers.
Considering what you have I will probably run something like this. Im telling you that im not that much of a fan of some of this perks, but they will do the trick to slow the game down a bit, give you better chase potential and enough information. This build its decent if you manage to get out of T1 soon and manage to get some downs early, if you dont the game will become a lot harder.
1.- Save the best for last
2.- BBQ & Chilli / Whispers (As of right now, considering how hard the auras are to see I personally prefer Whispers)
3.- Pop goes the weasel
4.- Monitor & Abuse
Other perks that you might want to consider in the future if you keep playing:
Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright (Plague) - Surveillance (Pig) - Thrilling Tremors (Ghostface). Surveillance is great with other perk that you already have "Hex: Ruin" but its has some downside to it, so go on and try as many build as you like. Always switch your perks for something new or interesting that you want to do.
Yay, Thank you for actually giving me an idea of perks that I actually have to get on Myers!
Also someone I met earlier might come on here so let him or her have a response to here. Then I'll decide.
Alright, so taking your screenshot into account limiting your killer options (and therefore your teachable / perk options) I'll make a build for you (EDIT: I ended up making two) based on what you have, and then I also want to give you a
secondthird build that a youtuber named not Otzdarva provides, but likely it consists a few perks you don't have so just table that build for a later date. He gives some really good and helpful advice just in general throughout his youtube video and he's a very smart and experienced player in the DBD community, so if you ever have a question about a specific killer or something, of course you can come here to the forums but if you can I'd suggest trying to find answers / advice through him and other DBD content creators like him who can provide some very helpful tips.So, first off. Myers is a killer that essentially relies on snowballing pressure and momentum, he plays very similarly to the Oni in the sense that you have to gain your power over time after performing some kind of action and then when you do you become incredibly more powerful and an incredibly more threatening presence on the map. The difference is that instead of speed like the Oni you gain stealth (sort of) as Myers, which makes Myers more useful in other respects but generally speaking Oni is more powerful than Myers just because map mobility is incredibly valuable for killers and that's why killers who can move quickly perform better collectively. The ability to traverse the map and do it quickly is absolutely indispensible
Which means playing myers you have to pick up some of that slack on your own and compensate with skill and proficiency as an M1 killer. As a Myers you can still be looped much like any other killer so knowing how to run tiles correctly like Shack or L-T walls is crucial to not get stomped. As with any build or loadout you want to capitalize on your strengths with the killer or pick up the slack for that killers weaknesses
Stealth inclined build: Because of your reduced terror radius this build seeks to make you as sneaky as possible to catch survivors unaware and off guard.
Monitor & Abuse, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, BBQ & Chili.
Chase inclined build: Because of Tier III Evil Within and Myers incredible snowball potential this build seeks to make you as oppressive as possible in your chases.
Bamboozle, Enduring, Save The Best for Last, Monitor & Abuse
not Otzdarva's All-Purpose Reliable build: An all purpose build that covers for Myers shortcomings, slows down a gen rush, and operates synergistically within itself to enable you to
Corrupt Intervention, Surge, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Surveillance.
I'll let Otz explain this one for me:
https://youtu.be/DIDI_YChbsY?t=1340While this is a very good build I can definitely endorse, unfortunately, this loadout actually consists of teachables from 4 different killers only one of which you own. Corrupt Intervention comes from the Plague (original Killer which you can earn with shards), Surge comes from the Demogorgon (a licensed killer you must purchase with auric cells or the full Stranger Things Chapter), Pop Goes The Weasel comes from Clown (which you own), and Surveillance comes from the Pig (a licensed killer you must purchase with auric cells or the full SAW Chapter).
Out of these killers I would highly recommend you get Plague first because two of her teachables, Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright both are very good perks to run on Myers specifically. Corrupt Intervention prevents you from getting gen rushed at the beginning which is where you are your weakest, generally speaking you want to get out of EW I as quickly and as fast as possible. In EW I you're super slow and you've got a reduced lunge which is massively detrimental unless you manage to get a sneaky grab off at the beginning of the game. Infectious fright, as previously stated, can help snowball your momentum and pressure as a Myers, and more notably, Infectious Fright actually synergizes incredibly well with Monitor & Abuse because the former relies on your terror radius. Monitor & Abuse increases your terror radius while you're in chases by 8 Meters (which normally isn't an issue because you're not trying to stealth while in a chase) however in conjunction with Infectious Fright that means if you downed a survivor in Tier 3 Evil within you'd hear the screams of all survivors around you within a 40 meter radius. I didn't put Monitor or Infectious together in any of the builds I proposed but you can certainly create your own build off of this combination.
Other than this fact Plague herself as a killer is horrible, she's my personal most disliked killer out of the entire roster because she's the most poorly designed killer in the whole game (fight me). Not fun to play as or against, horrible in most every aspect. However you can earn her for free with iridescent shards, so aside from your time, you won't lose anything by owning her.
After that you'll have to make the choice whether or not you want the demogorgon or the pig as you must pay for them either way, whether it's individually or for their full chapter. The only good perk Demo has to its name is Surge and really outside of specific builds even this perk might be considered mediocre. Demogorgon is purportedly "balanced" in that you can technically perform well with the killer and there is equal opportunity for both sides to play and counterplay to and against Demo, however their population in the community is extremely low which casts shadows of doubt onto how good the killer actually is.
The Pig is in a slightly better position than Demogorgon in terms of perks but is not far off. Surveillance is undoubtedly her best perk and unlike Surge it is far from mediocre and serves well for most of the roster: high mobility killers, Stealth killers, and anyone looking to slow a gen rush. It's one of my personal favorite killer perks out of them all. Outside of this her other perks are lackluster, Make Your Choice can be used to decent effect, but it's rarely used as far as I've seen. The Pig herself is arguably the worst stealth killer out of the bunch, but there are some very dedicated players who swear by her. Her ambush isn't 100% reliable because of the audio cue that plays warning survivors she's inbound, and her reverse beartraps are completely RNG reliant and therefore not too consistent. I would definitely say Demogorgon is better than the Pig when comparing the base killers, but when comparing teachables the opposite is true.
That's all I've got. Hope this helped, if you have any questions just lemme know.
P.S. As far as I'm aware, you can't actually close your own threads, only the mods / devs have the power to do that. You could report your own thread and ask for it to be taken down but that's about it.