People who truly believe Spirit is not OP. Why?

Title pretty much. I'm just so curious to hear you guys' opinions. I feel like we are not playing the same game. Why do you think she's fine? What is your playstyle, how are you countering her?

Also, how many hours do you have in the game? I mean I used to think Legion and Bubba were op as fudge when I started playing months ago, once I understood the game a bit better I realized how weak they actually were (Bubba is op now tho change my mind)

Comments

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    1 step to bringing her down a notch is preventing stridor from working whilst in phase

    if not that then a clearer tell, something to bring in line with all other killers

    If Stridor doesn't work while in phase, make Iron Will not work while in phase.

    Simple as that, either no one gets an advantage or she gets it because she's the killer, assuming the devs understand this is a 4v1 the killer HAS to get you eventually.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498529#Comment_1498529

    How is guessing not fair? I’d argue that what other killers have to do (eat pallet after pallet with little to no counter) is much more unfair than guessing. The survivor dictates everything.

    well that is my point, the game is rng based thats why spirit is actually fair, she still can be destroyed by god survivors

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I have close to 2000 hours.

    Countering her? I dunno, it’s just like a sixth sense. Being able to guess what she’s going to do next. A lot of Spirits are predictable. Just as you need to be unpredictable as survivor against a Spirit or Nurse, a Spirit needs to be unpredictable as survivor.

    Why dont I think shes op? Just based on thousands of games. I’ve played for 2k hours and seen good players, bad players, and in average Spirit doesn’t completely dominate as often as some other killers do. This was backed up with the stats last November too. This is why I complained about Billy on here and not Spirit because I noticed Billys were dominating far more often than Spirits due to Billy being easier to play and his kit having no downsides.

    For example, consider the following scenarios....

    Spirit hooks a survivor. She sees another some distance away with BBQ. She phases walks over at 176% speed. She reappears next to the survivor, but now her power is on cooldown so she’s chasing at 4.4m/s and she has to land 2 hits before that survivor goes down. This gives the other survivors time to rescue from the hook.

    Now consider Billy. He hooks a survivor. Zooms across the map with bbq at 230% speed. He has his power available instantly, instadowns this survivor, now he leaves them slugged and zooms back to the hook to deny the unhook. If they’re already unhooked he can m1 to slug and then chase the unhooked, or he can arrive before the unhook happens and chase the would-be unhooker with an instadown.

    Spirits kit has downsides. She has to 2-hit every survivor, she’s slow, her power has a cooldown. This keeps her in check and stops her snowball from being too much. Billy never had that.

    That’s why after thousands of games I don’t feel like spirit is as overwhelming as people make her out to be. Not as much as Billy when things fall in place for him. Sure sometimes rng can hold his snowball back but when it starts its nigh-on impossible to stop.

    Again my opinions are based on my personal experience based on thousands of games over a period of 2000 hours playtime so you may not agree but this is just my experience.

    So are you trying to say Billy is better then Spirit? Spirit is one of the only killers that plays her own game.

    With billy yeah sure you have the speed and insta down with your saw, but if a survivor gets to a jungle gym or any good tile you are going to get looped for a bit. Granted that is depending on the MMR of the survivors. With billy if you are going against a strong team you will get looped for a while and they prob won't fall for mind games. With Billy you have limited options at loops Double Back,Moonwalk,back rev etc.


    Spirit on the other hand she has way more mind games with the passive phasing plus not to mention if the survivor is in her TR they wont hear the vacuum sound of her phasing. Plus on top of the mind games and reads that you can do with her power you can play tiles like normal killers to until your power comes back.


    In order to counter spirit you kinda need to guess her reads. If you are running towards Killer Shack and she is phasing at you and you throw down the pallet, there are 1 of 2 things she is going to do phase around to the window to predict the vault or stop at pallet and break it. Granted there is always the 3rd option that she phases around to the other door which is unlikely tho. If she does this not only will it waste time on her power making the cooldown longer, but the survivor can just vault the pallet trapping her inside. Doing this means survivor gets big distance.


    So Spirit OP? honeslty I don't think so she is almost like nurse in a way Nurse is hard to play and you have people who are bad with her complaining she needs Buffed. With Spirit survivors just havent adapted to making the reads to fool Spirit granted it is easier said then done.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1500447#Comment_1500447

    Absolutely not, I play both sides, but I think it's only fair to nerf her if other strong side is getting it. (You know what kind of swf I mean)

    You can't really nerf SWF you know that right?

1 2 ›