The problems with being unable to change killer in Lobbys
Heya! I don't play killer too much but when I do, I think there's a lot of strategy in selecting a killer to go against the items/cosmetics the survivors have (eg. Wraith against flashlights is probably a bad idea, such is rainbow maps with trapper, etc.) I feel making these decisions is a crucial part of the killer experience that helps give that edge before you start a trial. I enjoy analyzing what kind of survivors join my lobby and weighing up what to use to counter it. Having this be removed now means we're seeing a lot more killers dodge lobbies until they're happy with the array of items brought in, Or they will bring powerful add-ons more frequently which, isn't very fun for either side in my opinion.
Even looking away from the strategic side of things, It's now impossible to level up specific killers while waiting for a match. I've gotten myself stuck in lobbies as spirit which I don't enjoy playing. All because i'm working towards getting her teachables.
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this! Lets have a discussion! <3
Comments
I predicted lobby dodging as being a side effect of this new MMR system and locking killers in. I don't mind this lobby system route but if they continue this path there needs to be some sort of pre-game setup for killer and survivors should be locked in somehow to avoid last second switching.
In regards to like a pre-game setup. Seems like a lot of wasted time just sitting there pretty much guaranteed most of the time you won't switch perks or addons. Could make use of some new features like an interface to place totems before a game for example.
As a rank one killer not being able to change my killer after seeing the survivors before hand doesnt bother me. Tbh no matter what items the survivors bring in im not changing my build. Now if i get a team of blendettes i bring a mori.
On the other hand it does suck to not be able to level up other killers while searching for a game especially since MMR and cue times are really messed up right now, and its not uncommon to be waiting 10 or more minutes for a match.
I find changing killers to match survivors to be the dumbest strategy ever in the first place. I take out almost every team with just the doctor or even Legion. It doesnt matter at all. The survivors all play the same and there is no need at all, especially with teachable perks. That being said, I dont believe that killers should be locked. That is even more dumb to me. I sometimes just decide to play another last second so it shouldnt be a problem. It doesnt balance anything at all
And how would you prevent individual killer rankings from being abused?
All I know is that I've been seeing a lot less calm spirits in my doc games and spine chills in my gf games. So, I'm glad the encryption is working for now with Killer locked.
Oh I actually hadn't heard about this until now! Yeah. No clue. :'(
I get the OPs point and get where you're coming from.
For me if I want to play Hag and I see 3 or 4 flashlights I'd rather change my killer for the match then ruin my build to try and fit Franklins in. If I cannot swap Killer then sadly I'd rather leave the lobby.
Yes. I used to que up as one killer then spend my bp on another. Can't do that anymore. It's more alt+tabing and watching youtube while I wait.
My only issue with the killer lock is if the survivors still have that exploit that lets them see who the killer is. So long as that never happens I'll live with the killer lock.
I have heard about this glitch on pc, i play on xbox one and ive never encountered this issue, but that would be a game breaking glitch if survivors could see what killer they were facing before hand.
Agreed. There's a reason the survivors aren't meant to see the killer before the match starts. If they know it's a doctor everyone will put on calm spirit. If they know it's Mikey/Pig/GF they will put on spine chill.