BBQ and WGLF blood point bonuses as part of everyone's base kit

Don't know if this is something that's been discussed before but, as the title says I feel like BBQ and WGLF's blood point bonuses should be part of everyone's base kit for a couple of reasons;

1) It helps new players develop good habits early

I'm a killer main (never actually touched survivor to be honest). When I started playing the game, it wasn't really clear to me what I should be doing, so I camped all the time, because, well, camping is intuitive. My thought process was "My goal is to kill these people. If I hook one, I should make sure they die, so I'll stand here and guard them to make sure they don't get away". It made sense to me, and I have to imagine that thought runs through most new killer's heads.

Naturally, I got curb stomped and ######### on by most people in post game chat, all because the play style that made the most sense was not how you were supposed to play the game. I'd be lying if I said this didn't put me off from DBD for a long time. If I had gotten a little pop up box or something when I started playing killer that told me "Hey, blood points are an important currency and you get a multiplier on your blood point gains every time you hook someone, so don't stand in one place. When you hook someone, go search for someone else to hook", it would have gone a long way towards getting me to stop camping early on because the game's intended playstyle would have been made clear to me. I have to imagine that encouraging safe unhooks and protection hits would also help build good habits in new survivors as well.

2) Build diversity

BBQ's aura reading ability is nice, but it's not something you'd want on every killer. Despite that, it more or less has to be used on everyone because the default blood point gains are really, painfully slow. Because of this, it feels like most killers only have 3 perk slots instead of 4, since one is always going to be locked down by BBQ. Making the bonus base kit would encourage people to try out other perks.

3) The grind

I understand that you don't want to reward players too much. If players could max out all their characters super quickly, they wouldn't be as engaged with the game, but even still, the bonuses from BBQ and WGLF aren't so high that they would disrupt the game's entire economy. Maybe early on in the game's life cycle, when there were only a handful of killers and survivors this would have been true, but at this point there are so many characters that you have to level for their perks that the bonus from BBQ is just a slightly bigger drop in the bucket than what you normally get.

It should go without saying but this also feeds into the idea of helping new players understand the game. If a new killer camps and sees that they get a paltry 10k or so points, and then plays a game where they don't camp and, even without killing anyone, they get 20k, they're going to be encouraged to move around and hunt down survivors. I understand that the game has a guide now (it certainly didn't when I started) but tutorials are only part of how you get a player to understand a game. You can't just tell people the intended play style, you have to reward that play style in order for it to stick.

Comments

  • Yes,please.

    I thought about that too honestly.

    It would be so good because then i would finally be able to try different perks and builds without sacrificing a huge amount of bloodpoints.