Legacy owners, do you support the distribution of legacy for whatever reason?

As legacy player myself (proof - https://imgur.com/a/0g3pLgv, https://steamcommunity.com/id/adeptkiller/)I wouldn't be against distribution of legacy skins for free to everyone to get rid of exclusive skins and finally restore legacy to those who lost their legacy. Of course this shouldn't be just distributed to everyone for nothing, but it could be given to anyone who has prestiged one of legacy characters or has made "4th, 5th and 6th prestige" so "new" legacy owners would have to go through at least nearly similar amount of grind.

Legacy skins aren't the best skins in the game, however they look very unique and amazing, especially legacy weapons and having them available to a small group of people feels unfair. I believe, if BHVR wants to get rid of exclusivity, as they've proven by distribution of PAX exclusives and event items, they need to be consistent and do the similar thing with legacy.

What do you think? I am particularly interested in what other legacy players think. As I said, I wouldn't mind having these skins losing their "elite" status and become a fancy thing available for everyone.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't have legacy myself, but I wouldn't be against the idea of giving it to people who prestiged before 24 November 2016 (the original deadline). It is easily verifyable via the Steam achievements.

    That would give legacy to some people who didnt have it before on certain characters, but atleast it would make sure that everyone who lost their legacy will be getting it back.

  • I’d like to see Legacy for new characters. 😀

  • I lost my legacy back in the day.

    And no, I don't want people who didn't earn it to get it. Screw that.

  • Even though I won't earn any legacy if they brought it back for the people who lost it I woudnt complain, legacies are so rare to encounter thqt sometimes I wonder if some players are aware that they exist.

  • i dont think so. legacy was literal hell to earn back then, you kinda had to play this game a LOT in order to get every survivor and killer legacy item, and what made it worse was that there were no bloodpoint multiplier perks, and the games balance was 100x worse than it is now (with literal infinites, around 2x more pallets, double pallets at every jungle gym/junk loop, etc.)

    anyone who got and earned legacy back then deserved it, and it should never be handed out for free to the entire community.

  • @Mew said:

    i dont think so. legacy was literal hell to earn back then, you kinda had to play this game a LOT in order to get every survivor and killer legacy item, and what made it worse was that there were no bloodpoint multiplier perks, and the games balance was 100x worse than it is now (with literal infinites, around 2x more pallets, double pallets at every jungle gym/junk loop, etc.)

    anyone who got and earned legacy back then deserved it, and it should never be handed out for free to the entire community.

    I'm not saying it should be handed for free. I am saying that people these days should get a chance to earn these cosmetics.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498147#Comment_1498147

    I'm not saying it should be handed for free. I am saying that people these days should get a chance to earn these cosmetics.

    still a no from me. they should never come back, even if the way you obtain them is requires a lot of time in the game

  • @Mew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1498154#Comment_1498154

    still a no from me. they should never come back, even if the way you obtain them is requires a lot of time in the game

    That sounds elitistic

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    As legacy player myself (proof - https://imgur.com/a/0g3pLgv, https://steamcommunity.com/id/adeptkiller/)I wouldn't be against distribution of legacy skins for free to everyone to get rid of exclusive skins and finally restore legacy to those who lost their legacy. Of course this shouldn't be just distributed to everyone for nothing, but it could be given to anyone who has prestiged one of legacy characters or has made "4th, 5th and 6th prestige" so "new" legacy owners would have to go through at least nearly similar amount of grind.

    Legacy skins aren't the best skins in the game, however they look very unique and amazing, especially legacy weapons and having them available to a small group of people feels unfair. I believe, if BHVR wants to get rid of exclusivity, as they've proven by distribution of PAX exclusives and event items, they need to be consistent and do the similar thing with legacy.

    What do you think? I am particularly interested in what other legacy players think. As I said, I wouldn't mind having these skins losing their "elite" status and become a fancy thing available for everyone.

    I don't have it, and I don't particularly want it for the same reason that prestige cosmetics aren't that great; they're default with an added texture. I'd much prefer to use an actual cosmetic that changes appearance to something unique for me.

    That said, the idea of "4th, 5th and 6th prestige" is nowhere near equivalent. Considering many people with P3 have all perks maxed out, that's a hell of a lot more points spent overall than just reaching the old P3. I know those webs were expensive but 3 tiers of hundreds of perks, many done before the 2 perks per web rework, is a craptonne already.

  • how come? i dont even own legacy since im a console pleb, i just think it’d cause an uproar from legacy players if it ever became obtainable in game.

    also, im sure it’d feel like a slap in the face to them since the devs even promised that legacy will just never come back.

  • the whole idea of legacy was to reward people for the horrible grind when the game first came out. And people didn’t even know they were gonna get legacy until only 2 weeks before they were rewarded with it in november(game came out in june). The grind now is much more easier than it was back then so now everyone would be trying to get legacy

  • @H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490858#Comment_1490858

    the whole idea of legacy was to reward people for the horrible grind when the game first came out. And people didn’t even know they were gonna get legacy until only 2 weeks before they were rewarded with it in november(game came out in june). The grind now is much more easier than it was back then so now everyone would be trying to get legacy

    They were rewarded to get to play with these cosmetics for 4 years, why not let other people enjoy them? Stop being dogs in the manger

  • I think they should not give everyone the opportunity to get the original legacy outfits since so many people would get upset that it would lose the exclusivity. I would love it if they made legacy outfits for the newer original characters tho. Make it a challenge to unlock those and leave the original legacy a bragging right. I don't own any legacy btw.

1 2 ›