Unnecessary

The new Lightborn is completely unnecessary.

Now, I can already hear the sweat dripping down off the foreheads of people in this thread saying "Shut up stupid survivor main just accept the fact that with one click of a button an entire item is eliminated from your playing experience!"

Did anyone think this was a needed buff?

Lightborn did its job before. If you didn't suspect a flashlight user sniffing your glistening neck hair it would screw their timing and you could still hook the survivor. Then you would learn your lesson.

Now everything I can do with this item is over. Blind? Nope. Hide after an attempt? Nope. At least NOED, old ruin, and STBFL have (or had) counters.

But I'm just a survivor main. What do I know?

Comments

  • @ZtarShot said:

    The new Lightborn is completely unnecessary.

    Now, I can already hear the sweat dripping down off the foreheads of people in this thread saying "Shut up stupid survivor main just accept the fact that with one click of a button an entire item is eliminated from your playing experience!"

    Did anyone think this was a needed buff?

    Lightborn did its job before. If you didn't suspect a flashlight user sniffing your glistening neck hair it would screw their timing and you could still hook the survivor. Then you would learn your lesson.

    Now everything I can do with this item is over. Blind? Nope. Hide after an attempt? Nope. At least NOED, old ruin, and STBFL have (or had) counters.

    But I'm just a survivor main. What do I know?

    Old Lightborn for all intents and purposes made you immune to flashlights already.

  • I think it's fine. You shouldn't be relying on flashlights anyway.

    Outside of flashlight saves, using them is only going to get yourself killed. The killer's ears still work and can hear you running off after you blind them at a pallet, after all.

    If you think new Lightborn is unfair, do you think the same about how Calm Spirit nullifies Doctor? Or how Object of Obsession and Maps/Keys destroys stealth killers?

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I think it's fine. You shouldn't be relying on flashlights anyway.

    Outside of flashlight saves, using them is only going to get yourself killed. The killer's ears still work and can hear you running off after you blind them at a pallet, after all.

    If you think new Lightborn is unfair, do you think the same about how Calm Spirit nullifies Doctor? Or how Object of Obsession and Maps/Keys destroys stealth killers?

    Stealth killers completely counter aura reading you know.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I think it's fine. You shouldn't be relying on flashlights anyway.

    Outside of flashlight saves, using them is only going to get yourself killed. The killer's ears still work and can hear you running off after you blind them at a pallet, after all.

    If you think new Lightborn is unfair, do you think the same about how Calm Spirit nullifies Doctor? Or how Object of Obsession and Maps/Keys destroys stealth killers?

    The whole point is that it makes an entire item obsolete

    @ClancyTheHuman said:

    Honestly, I'm a killer main and kind of agree, now I do believe the changes too the power didn't really change it too much, I mean, I'm pretty sure that normally if it was at least a rare version, it would basically make flashlights obsolete anyways. Btw I thought new ruin kind of does have counters, all you need is too look for is the totem that glows and badda boop badda bing, there ya go, bring a map since it helps identify their locations. Btw I've read this forum for awhile now (even kind of got banned for a shitpost some time ago) And I'll be honest, this place reallly hates survivors, or at least has a lot of problems with them. Try not too feel discouraged because this place can be down of survivor mains, really, its just the bad side of this community showing.

    Just said old ruin cuz everyone used it