Small QoL Change

It would be nice if the survivors' name was underneath every person username. For example, let's say my obsession was Tru3ta1ent and I didn't know what survivor he was playing as. I could just look underneath their username and instantly know what survivor that person is. It could also help the survivor out as well, for example Remember Me. You can know what survivor is the obsession and let them open the exit gates with ease. I know you can pause the game and see who exactly is who but this is just convenient! What do y'all think? Please leave civil comments below! :)

Comments

  • Useful for the game and easier to identify swf if there's like a marker for it
  • Useful for the game and easier to identify swf if there's like a marker for it
    Basically, it's just gives the survivor and killer more information. For example let make up a random username, xvot 341. Instead of pausing the game to see what survivor he is playing as, you can just look underneath his username to see the survivor he is playing as.
  • It would tell people in the game...who the Claudette is, or the Jake, or the Dwight.

    I can see it being useful in very specific circumstantial ways. It could negate confusion of identity, but also further enable people to bother specific players in a match.

    Information is neither good nor bad in essence....I suppose it's how you use it.

  • It would tell people in the game...who the Claudette is, or the Jake, or the Dwight.

    I can see it being useful in very specific circumstantial ways. It could negate confusion of identity, but also further enable people to bother specific players in a match.

    Information is neither good nor bad in essence....I suppose it's how you use it.

    And we can also keep track of who's a insta hook and who's got one or 2 to go
  • You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

  • You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.


  • And seriously all I meant was how often have you been in a game against people with same characters to hook somone you think can survive the hook only for them to insta die on you and losing you bait we could use a marker for how many hooks people have
  • Nickenzie said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.


    Cool characters
  • Nickenzie said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.


    Cool characters
    Thanks :+1:
  • Nickenzie said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.


    Cool characters
    I don't see how that's even an "advantage" for the killer.....so @Killmaster was just being hateful for no reason. 
  • Nickenzie said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.


    Cool characters
    I don't see how that's even an "advantage" for the killer.....so @Killmaster was just being hateful for no reason. 
    What do you think about this idea?

    Edit: Thanks for defending me lol.
  • @chemical_reject said:
    redsopine1 said:


    Nickenzie said:


    Killmaster said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.

    Cool characters

    I don't see how that's even an "advantage" for the killer.....so @Killmaster was just being hateful for no reason. 

    I'm not being hateful but the current setup require killers to have to remember who they downed, who is playing as certain characters and require some skill. No reason to make the game easier when it doesn't need to be, especially for something as trivial as this. Also sorry if I came off rude, what I meant by braindead is that the game should require some for-thought and not simply be second nature for every chase, otherwise when two people are next to a hook and just healed the killer could easily tell who they hooked before and chase them, if the killer forgot who then that punishes them in place of rewarding them for nothing. It's sleight meta gameplay that helps increase the skill ceiling and cap between top teir and mid-teir killers. Just my two cents.

  • Fair enough just meant in games with multiple survivors the same including outfits diffrnet outfits no trouble same though how do you know if this is a first or last hook with 2 left and 2 gens done
  • I'm not being hateful but the current setup require killers to have to remember who they downed, who is playing as certain characters and require some skill. No reason to make the game easier when it doesn't need to be, especially for something as trivial as this.

    You're so oblivious to how much this can help the survivor side as well. It won't just help the killer but the survivor as well, c'mon what's the absolute that can happen? Give it a chance, if it's too much then they can remove it from the PTB.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Killmaster said:

    I'm not being hateful but the current setup require killers to have to remember who they downed, who is playing as certain characters and require some skill. No reason to make the game easier when it doesn't need to be, especially for something as trivial as this.

    You're so oblivious to how much this can help the survivor side as well. It won't just help the killer but the survivor as well, c'mon what's the absolute that can happen? Give it a chance, if it's too much then they can remove it from the PTB.

    It's just my opinion, if the devs want to test it on the ptb I'm all for it, in the end I have no sway over what goes into the game, I just prefer if the gameplay doesn't become second nature when it comes to chases where you don't have to keep track of different players, their health states, ect.

  • @Nickenzie said:
    Killmaster said:

    I'm not being hateful but the current setup require killers to have to remember who they downed, who is playing as certain characters and require some skill. No reason to make the game easier when it doesn't need to be, especially for something as trivial as this.

    You're so oblivious to how much this can help the survivor side as well. It won't just help the killer but the survivor as well, c'mon what's the absolute that can happen? Give it a chance, if it's too much then they can remove it from the PTB.

    It's just my opinion, if the devs want to test it on the ptb I'm all for it, in the end I have no sway over what goes into the game, I just prefer if the gameplay doesn't become second nature when it comes to chases where you don't have to keep track of different players, their health states, ect.

    That's the type of feedback I'm wanting to hear, you're being civil and telling me exactly why you don't want this in DBD, parfait! I absolutely respect your opinion but it seems like the developers want to give the players more information. Example, you can see if the obsession is being chased or not!
  • Again I just want a hook icon for how many hooks like what stage your at might make tunneling easier but also can show true game players when you see them being chased and take a slug to save them
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Killmaster said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.

    Lold at the showing off of his "wow luk im rank 1 mum!"
    Nothing special.

  • And about the idea - Imo they got more important things to work on.

  • @chemical_reject said:
    redsopine1 said:


    Nickenzie said:


    Killmaster said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.

    Cool characters

    I don't see how that's even an "advantage" for the killer.....so @Killmaster was just being hateful for no reason. 

    I'm not being hateful but the current setup require killers to have to remember who they downed, who is playing as certain characters and require some skill. No reason to make the game easier when it doesn't need to be, especially for something as trivial as this. Also sorry if I came off rude, what I meant by braindead is that the game should require some for-thought and not simply be second nature for every chase, otherwise when two people are next to a hook and just healed the killer could easily tell who they hooked before and chase them, if the killer forgot who then that punishes them in place of rewarding them for nothing. It's sleight meta gameplay that helps increase the skill ceiling and cap between top teir and mid-teir killers. Just my two cents.

    My bad. I just read it snarky I guess lol but with this forum u never know :p
  • Grey87 said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    Killmaster said:

    You can already tell who your chasing after you hit them by the icons on the bottom left, if you can't remember then that's on you, no need to make the game easier for brain-dead people. It's what separates good and bad killers in the long run and it would mitigate survivors all using the same character to get an edge on meta killers.

    Umm, wow rude, I'm not brain dead. I can reach rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor with ease (It's just a little bit harder to reach rank 1 with killer) without my suggestion but It's just convenient for both sides, NOT JUST the killer. Seriously tell me why is this such a bad idea? It would just make things a little more easier and can help Solo Q survivors out.

    Lold at the showing off of his "wow luk im rank 1 mum!"
    Nothing special.

    I'm not showing off, I'm telling him that I can reach high ranks without this QoL change and that I'm not "Brain Dead". I know he didn't mean to call me "Brain Dead" but at the time, I didn't know and I had to tell him that I can rank high ranks. No need to be smart about it, geez.
  • This would be a nice change, as long as it doesn't give away a survivor's hiding spot. 

    I like it :)
  • This would be a nice change, as long as it doesn't give away a survivor's hiding spot. 

    I like it :)
    No, it won't give away a survivors' hiding spot. It will just tell you which player is playing which survivor, nothing huge.
  • What about the times u get 4 Claudettes? @Nickenzie
  • What about the times u get 4 Claudettes? @Nickenzie
    Eh, I can usually memorize who's on first hook, second hook, or third hook. It won't always be helpful but it there for reference. Good question!
  • @Nickenzie said:
    It would be nice if the survivors' name was underneath every person username. For example, let's say my obsession was Tru3ta1ent and I didn't know what survivor he was playing as. I could just look underneath their username and instantly know what survivor that person is. It could also help the survivor out as well, for example Remember Me. You can know what survivor is the obsession and let them open the exit gates with ease. I know you can pause the game and see who exactly is who but this is just convenient! What do y'all think? Please leave civil comments below! :)

    An obsession is easy enough to figure out after a while. Everyone sees who the obsession is, and the obsession icon moves when the obsession is in an active chase.

    An idea I had to this is instead of the generic "healthy" "injured" "dying" and "dead" icons, it would instead feature portraits of their current survivor character in the various stages of health. "Healthy" could show a normal, calm portrait. "Injured" can show a panicked portrait, and "dying" could just be the portrait sideways (because their face is on the ground).

    Names could work too, wouldn't require as many graphics, though.

  • This is a great example why I am against this change that just happened after a game. Lol