Cage of Atonement should be replaced
With how useless the Cage has become, it should be removed or reworked into something else that is useful. As of right now it is like a Hook that can't be seen. You also don't get perks that work on hooks... IMO that should have been added and not this trash...Now If you go around the cage or are pulled toward it by a chase, they get out free because you did not know you were near it, since we can't see it now. This killer is already a pain to use, now one feature that was kinda helpful is now even further useless... I will never use the Cage ability as of now, at least with a hook I can tell if they are there or have been taking off. Seems this is DbD tactics at worl. Give us a great killer with some awesome abilities, as soon as a few snowflake survivors call it OP you ruin them till no one will even play as them, or just for the memes... Oni, GF, Hillbilly, Pyramid Head, you tease us with greatness to get us to pay for it, then nerf it to the point that it is useless and not what I paid for.... Easy way to con cash out of people. Show em a sports car, but under the hood is a 12 HP go cart engine.....
Comments
The cage has still some uses.
You downed someone who just got off the hook? Cage Them.
You downed someone and see a person try to flashlight safe? Cage Them and go for the person with the flashlight
In short: you want to use the cages on moments you want to slug as other Killers.
So you would be fine, if you hook a survivor, you now have no aura where you left them, if you happen to be too close for too long they get an Auto Kobe off hook.... You are fine with that?
In short: this is a useless feature as you don't know where it went. A survivor who does know, now has you chase them to its location and because you are near it, they are let free from the cage. Seeing as you did not know it was there...
The cage mechanic, just like most of PH's kit, is almost perfect but has some damning issues. Honestly, they could be fixed in my opinion if they appeared as far away from all players, not just the killer, as possible. Maybe make their auras only appear to survivors after a very short time. This mainly solves the insta-save issue that makes cages so underwhelming. The non hook perk thing is fine imo, just means he plays differently with perks. A bit like Freddy or plague.
Well, also trying to say "Use this when you would slug as other killers." That does not work for me seeing as I never slug, I would rather get a 3k then slug someone and go looking for the last.
Also just not using the Cage is a way better option then using it... I can see where I leave the survivor on Hook, they can't just get a free escape for me being close. Why ever use the Cage as it is right now? Say I have only 2 survivors left, I get one down, the other gets door open. If I use the Cage, yes it is auto and I can avoid the DS, but now I have no clue where it is, you can't even patrol since you have no clue, you get no BBQ from it either, and they can get away Easy. Or I can just wait a few secs if I think there is a DS, hook them, patrol or go look depending on play style. Maybe get the 4k after some moments.... Cage also does not get any perks like PGTW or BBQ, so it was already useless lol.
I have no problem with it not being seen by the killer, but getting a free escape from it is another thing... That will get abused in no time. Example: You use cage, you see a survivor, chase em, you notice the cage! So now do I just disengage with them because I know if I go close to that cage they will get auto free and moved away from that spot? But if you disengage they will let them out anyway and you get even less points,hits.... This will be abused a lot ruining the killer aspect in no time...
People can camp hooks and the survivor is not given an Auto Unhook, so why is they cage any different? If you do this to cage then hooks should get the same treatment is my opinion...