Survivor Training Grounds VS Deranked "nice guy" killer
This was something I wanted to try just because I think it would be fun. I know that players below rank 15 are generally the "new" players to the game and don't quite understand yet how to play. After getting myself to rank 1 as killer and survivor multiple times, I figured I wanted to try something different and teach these players lessons in the game through being a "nice guy" killer.
So I thought what if after the next rank reset, as killer I purposely derank to 15, then use a build that makes my killer less powerful and play to chase and catch survivors but go out of my way to not kill them. The plan would be to play sort of like a rank 1 killer, but do it in a way that the survivors get a lot of extra chances so I can teach them stuff about how to play.
Here is an example build... Trapper with Whispers, TOTH, and Distressing plus Padded Jaws and Trapper Bag. Whispers is there so I can find them or know if they are in a certain area, mostly just so I can babysit and keep tabs on what people are doing. TOTH just to have a totem, and also to track how many other totems they do (because they need to learn to do totems to stop NOED or just learn the totem spawns). Distressing to make it easier to avoid me. And the add-ons are so I can trap people but they ultimately won't be punished as hard as if it were a normal trap. I was also thinking of using Insidious for the last perk just for a jump scare or 2.
Again the idea here is to purposely go out of my way to not kill them. I want them to learn the game. I'll chase them, scare them and stuff. Hit them, hook them if it seems like they might get saved. Stomp around an area when Whispers procs and see how good at hiding they are. Put traps in obvious spots Trappers normally put them so they learn where NOT to go against a Trapper. That sort of thing. I know most killers would never just intentionally throw a game like that, but I think it would be fun to create a survivor training ground sort of thing. Sadly the only build I can come up with is this and then the same for Billy using speed limiter. So if you can think of a build for other killers that would serve the same purpose please post it here!
EDIT: Also if you guy can help me think of a "grading rubric" to evaluate how well the survivors did that would be helpful! It is sort of a test after all.
Comments
I was thinking that too, do like an adept version of the killer instead of specific build. Then it's like they are playing against the "true version" of that killer. For Huntress I thought maybe to use glowing concoction (which is IMO a rather worthless add-on for her) just so that I can hatchet someone and see how they react. The only thing is that, for example as Huntress, no one uses any of her perks. Lullaby is probably the most likely you would ever see in a game at higher ranks but even then it's super rare. Her other perks are just non-existent at high ranks (though I personally like using TI on her because it makes the basement a deathtrap).
than you can also run fun meme builds with the killer for your own amusement
Oh this just came to mind! Obviously after the game I would send them a "GG, congrats on making it through surv training grounds, I'm a rank 1 killer here to teach you guys the game" yadda yadda. But what if at the end I gave them a grade? Like how well they did, either as an individual or as a group. But I need a rubric so that I can grade everyone equally. If you guys can think of how to do that please tell me! Only thing I can think of right now is that they get X points for each totem, hook save, and pallet stun they get on me.
That's smart. Good for you!
I basically did this during the barbecue event. I only wanted the hooks. The rest of the time was just playing around with the squishy survivors and seeing what makes them tick.
The idea of a grading principal is quite interesting. Especially if you can tell them why they got the grade they got. (What they did good on....and where they could use improvement.)
Or you could simply choose to play spirit and "downgrade" yourself this way.
Thats what I plan to do
Okay, so no grading. Though I would point out stuff they did right and wrong. I kinda do that anyway after a game. "If you had X perk you would have survived" and stuff.