The New Auras Rework and How Badly It Shouldnt Be Happening
Since I started playing this game and seeing all patches and hotfixes, I expected nearly anything.And now I guess I was wrong.
To begin with, I am an owner of poor sight, and auras was a thing I relied on the most when playing killer. Thus, the few games I played yesterday was literally the worst experience I had in DbD without exaggeration.
I lost gens just because I didnt see their aura, I didint get any BBQ value and even played against object NOT NOTICING IT the whole game until the EGC..My favorite solo queue perk Kindred just looks like dust running around a map and I legit lost my teammates a few times.I even tried object myself for a match and had so little info on killers location I didnt consider it useful (perk lighting up being the indicator to start paying close attention and killing my eyes)
I am extremely disappointed with this mid-chapter only because this one thing
Nobody I guess even thought that visual appearance of auras was that valuable . . .
Comments
Why I can barely see the auras of the hooks?? in the middle of carring survivor.... and WHY I can't change my killer before I get ready??
Generally, a change this big should've required a PTB too, but no. More unnecessary changes that NO ONE asked for being implemented because some employee thought that this was necessary.
As our dear friend Almo has said towards the Killer swap:
'It will make MMR impossible, and we need that feature.'
They need it, we don't, so clearly that means it must be done. 🤡
Supposedly it was for bugfixes, but it wasn't ready for live. It just wasn't. I'm colorblind, and it's been a genuinely awful experience, made worse by the fact the rift is out and I do really like some of what it offers.