Legendary & Set Skin Confusion

I've seen a fair amount of people complaining about all the "legendary skins" they're adding to the game so let me clear this up.

Legendary skins have a white rarity and will likely always be a set because they change who the character is (Cheryl Mason ➡ Lisa Garland), however not every set will be a legendary. Sets were created as a way to make "seamless" outfits so they can look better if the outfit has a long jacket / dress etc.


DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping 29-07 1596025278 .png

The icon above depicts a set and is NOT a legendary outfit.

DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping 29-07 1596025081 .png

The white rarity is a legendary outfit + a set (because it changes the character)

Comments

  • Thanks for this post, I was playing the idea to make one.

    It's just such a pain to see people call the linked comsetics legendaries.

    I personally have nothing against linked cosmetics as they seem to look better than unlinked ones so far. And people saying these will be the only cosmetics they'll release... only 2 sets of the greeks collection are linked, 3 if you include Minotaur Oni.

    A thing that bothers me though, is the fact that the weapons are linked aswell because they seem like they would fit with every other cosmetics.

  • @Springey said:

    Thanks for this post, I was playing the idea to make one.

    It's just such a pain to see people call the linked comsetics legendaries.

    I personally have nothing against linked cosmetics as they seem to look better than unlinked ones so far. And people saying these will be the only cosmetics they'll release... only 2 sets of the greeks collection are linked, 3 if you include Minotaur Oni.

    A thing that bothers me though, is the fact that the weapons are linked aswell because they seem like they would fit with every other cosmetics.

    Exactly. They'd get a TONNE less backlash on these sets if they only linked what needed to be linked. Take 5 mins to whack a shaved texture on the back of Nea's head and link the clothes with their higher waist line.

    Link the Clown's body so that fat neck works, but unlink the weapon.

    Just trying to force people to pay full price for ######### they don't want is what's pissing everyone off with these releases. It's that there's thing we DO want, but we aren't paying 3 times the price and then lacking the functionality existing stuff has.

  • I've been calling them legendaries because all legendaries so far have been linked sets. The price sure is legendary, at least.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    I've been calling them legendaries because all legendaries so far have been linked sets. The price sure is legendary, at least.

    Because legendaries change the character so they have to be linked, you can't really attach Lisa's legs to Cheryl, I don't think they'd fit :P

  • @Pawcelot said:

    I've been calling them legendaries because all legendaries so far have been linked sets. The price sure is legendary, at least.

    The only legendary so far is Lisa and she's also the only linked skin that costs more at $15, all the rest are still $10

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486657#Comment_1486657

    The only legendary so far is Lisa and she's also the only linked skin that costs more at $15, all the rest are still $10

    I don't recall the last time I bought an entire set of cosmetics for a character. I usually just like that one part. Being forced to buy all three parts just makes it a no-go for me. Its too expensive.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486678#Comment_1486678

    I don't recall the last time I bought an entire set of cosmetics for a character. I usually just like that one part. Being forced to buy all three parts just makes it a no-go for me. Its too expensive.

    That's fair enough, personally I don't like mixing and matching for the most part. The only ones I don't use full sets on are Huntress and Jane because I like the cat mask for huntress with her winter clothes and I prefer the longer flowing hairstyle on Jane from her tome outfit over her basic head. If there's a set I don't feel like paying $10 for its usually also 21,000 shards so I can save up shards if I feel like it. My main point in my comment though was there is only 1 "Legendary" in the game that costs more for the full set.

  • all the linked one cost the same as none linked ones only different you got to buy the whole thing.