Aura Hotfix.

I know it's not typical of BHVR to do hotfixes, but the aura issue really needs a hotfix. It absolutely decapitates the experience for colorblind players, ESPECIALLY colorblind killers. This isn't something that can wait until the next patch, or even 6 patches from now or however it will take for the sound bugs to finally be fixed. It's a game breaker.

@Peanits @not_Queen

Can you guys look into this?

Comments

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1485882#Comment_1485882

    This.

    Just look at the screenshots people post in the feedback section. when you are on Ormond, you can barely see you downed teammates. I had to open that screenshot in full screen in order to see where that body was.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9X4GV72OAUFP/20200728184120-1.jpg

    I literally feel like every killer had knockout, even the yellow kindred auras are tough I keep thinking at least 2 of my teammates are always in lockers

  • @SloppyKnockout oh I know and I don't care anymore. If they ban me from a forum I won't be upset about it. If it upsets them to hear how terrible they are at community service to the point where they feel the need to ban somebody, they should check their ego. The auras are awful, no testing or effort was put into them and i wish for once they'd just admit it cause I'd respect that a whole lot more than "we didn't intend for this".

  • I like how people are concerned about people being colour blind, if you must know, we couldn’t see stuff to begin with. Old Ruin Skill Check was a nightmare, gen auras are dark regardless and blood is impossible to see. Half the time it’s either going blind or running Bloodhound lool

  • Freddy's dream pretty much turn every map into Ormond as far as auras are concerned. Its pretty bad.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1492695#Comment_1492695

    I'm right there with you. With the state *every single DBD patch* releases in, it's hard to believe that this QA team even exists like they say it does. It almost seems like a bold faced lie. If the QA team DOES exist, how they aren't fired at this point is a mystery...and if they ARE reporting these issues and they just simply choose to push the update in that state, that's just an ethics issue all by itself.

    Wait you lecture me on being negative about the game and then you say people deserve to be fired.

    People in glasshouses...

  • @Huff said:

    To be honest the whole "we never intended to significantly change the way auras look" thing kind of rubs me the wrong way...

    Are we supposed to believe that nobody noticed this during testing? Or, perhaps, that these features aren't tested? I find either one kind of hard to believe.

    Ah, but YOU are the tester.

    Look in the mirror to find the answer.

  • @TotemsCleanser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1492592#Comment_1492592

    Sorry, from your original comment I understood that you were implying that this wasn't a killer AND survivor problem, thus bringing up how both sides sometimes act like everything about themselves. My bad.

    I 100% agree that this affects both sides. I would however argue that by coincidence (not intentionally) it hurts killers more than survivors. Since killers constantly have auras in the form of gens, its something that hurts them a bit more. Considering that on some maps its a lot harder to see this new aura. Its mostly not a big deal to find gens, although insanely annoying, but when using perks like BBQ, the gens color mixed with the very similar if not identical coloring of survivors, holy crap do my eyes strain to see them, especially if they are far away.

    I know survivors have hooked people, downed people, and perks as well. But if survivors stand still/crouch right now when someone gets hooked I dont think killers could easily tell which ones are gens and which ones are survivors.

  • @Peanits said:

    We're preparing some changes for auras as we speak. I can't give an ETA just yet, but we're hoping to have them in as soon as possible. The intent was never to significantly change the way auras appear.

    Turn the game on in your office before putting out this nonsense. Using the word intent and either knowingly putting this out or simply not testing it and claiming ignorance is disingenuous at best.

  • Thank God they are fixing it

1 2 3 ›