about the cosmetic "collections"

Okay first off let me say that im 100% against paying money for the linked sets. I dont want it to become a trend that BHVR starts pulling because the community cant control themselves. Theyre going after the whales of their own community. Instead of letting us buy pieces of a cool set slowly with shards, we're "forced" to probably pay auric cells for the most coveted cosmetics.

They use this scumbag maneuver because they know there's nothing else to do. The game is kind of set up so if you're like me, you have every character maxed out and have nothing else to spend your stockpile of shards on. Now if you make everything cost AC then people will get bored and maybe buy some here and there.

I also understand that the cosmetic department is completely optional, even though i occasionally give in and get that one cool item from the shop, i dont have a collection of cells stacked up like the huge youtubers and the like. If its advertised as a collection we should at least be able to buy the collection at a discount instead of paying the premium for each set. I probably wouldn't but i know the cosmetic collectors would appreciate it.

Not sure where i was headed with this. Just some random thoughts because i hate the linked sets. I hate seeing people run around with the sets. I cant help but cringe thinking they really payed that much for the nurse outfit. Or the nea outfit that would look pretty cool mixed and matched. Maybe im wrong who knows. I just cant stand it lol

Let me just end it by saying that no Cosmetic option should cost only AC. Let the people who play your game a lot earn your cool stuff and stop milking us. We put in the time and without us, there would be no game.

Comments

  • they got upset at Streamers showing store bug, silently patched the store bug so you cant get around it even if you pay for the set, and haven't spoken on why they did it to begin with.

    still no argument in their favor that cant be countered with the simple; why do you care what people dress up with

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    they got upset at Streamers showing store bug, silently patched the store bug so you cant get around it even if you pay for the set, and haven't spoken on why they did it to begin with.

    still no argument in their favor that cant be countered with the simple; why do you care what people dress up with

    i need to investigate this. No idea there was a store bug.

  • store bug first i hear but i don't watch streamers.

  • Sets do indeed suck and i'm really not a fan. I really like being able to get creative and mix cosmetics to make my own outfits. I was fine with sets for the Silent Hill characters as I assumed it was just Konami not wanting to mix the original designs with the cosmetics that BHVR created for whatever reason. Then we got that Nea set which could easily be a regular outfit with a few changes like lowering the pants to the regular level and sorting the hood out the same way they handled Bunny Feng. Now we have a killer set for the Clown and I see no reason for it to be a set and find it dumb that they don't let you at least change the weapon.

    At this point it seems like they're just trying to get people to go all in and pay for full outfits instead of just the 1 or 2 pieces you may want.