What happened to diverse add ons

I feel like recent killers have gotten addons that have just increase their power or some sort like that. What happened to add ons that would change the way how you would play the killer. Like hags, myers, doctor, pig. I feel like add ons now are for the most part "buff this part of their power by x amount" or "decrease disadvantage of using power by x amount". Would be very nice for future killer to get the same add on treatment older killers had since it makes them more interesting

Comments

  • Survivors kept complaining so the devs stopped making them.

    I remember stealth myers, fat myers, one shot hatchet huntress, 4 blink nurse, instasaw billy+bubba, infinite mending legion. Some of those were totally broken and needed to be removed. Others were either rendered obsolete when something else got patched(spine chill working on undetectable killers) or they were nerfed. Some are still around but with the billy changes coming soon I have no doubt they'll get around to making all add ons garbage.

    Is it asking for too much for ultra rare add ons to be worth it? Most these days are not worth running. Some brown add ons are even better.

  • @mrtlxifi said:

    I actually prefer those add ons way more.

    Look at Oni. Extra duration and speed is amazing. The fact he has a good few add ons that do that makes them really nice.

    Look at demogorgons trash add ons. Dumb useless status effect add ons

    Look at deathslinger dumb useless status effect add ons.

    Myers.faster stalk and more duration

    Ghostface had trash add ons with the only good ones being reduced cool down.

    New hillbilly. All trash but if charge speed was there it would be the only good ones.

    Trapper. Setting speed and an extra trap.

    Wraith extra speed and faster uncloak.

    Gimmick add ons always suck and I hate them

    I don't really count effect add ons in this list. When I was talking about pig I was talking about how you can build her around her traps or her crouch. And how her Amandas letter is diverse and changes the way you play her. Or like body blocker hag. While I think the current add ons aren't the worst thing. I feel it would be more interesting to have the option to interact with killers powers in different ways

  • Entitled survivors thats why its crappy status affect add-ons

  • The issues are twofold. First, those add-ons are extremely difficult to come up with and balance. Second, they could potentially rob themselves of killers.

    Seriously, how much do you think they're kicking themselves over Scratched Mirror Myers? That could have been an entirely unique killer right there. Now imagine if every single killer had add-ons that completely changed their gameplay? How many would take the place of killers already in the works?