Distortion buff

Please give us a way to recharge distortion stacks.

Comments

  • Being able to hide your aura, (some might say a thing who destroy the stealth aspect of the game) is in fact very powerful when it comes to certain perks, and killer addons.

    It makes a sense perks who allow such a thing to be very limited, I'd find off the record more worth the while than distortion because it grants a temporary iron will aswell. and the killer can't detect you with perks/addons which make tunelling sometimes harder.

    I think distortion should stay as it is. maybe one of two charges could make it more worth the while but thats about it.

  • Just put a cooldown on it.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    Just put a cooldown on it.

    Ew cooldowns, I think that maybe start with 1 token and then get tokens for safe unhooks.

  • It should be unlimited and it would be a decent perk worth using.

  • I think it should give more stacks. Like 5 instead of 3 due to how many aura reading perk and addons there are. Especially in red ranks

  • How about earning a token when completing gens? It would reward doing objectives and kinda fits with the theme of the perk.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475602#Comment_1475602

    Ew cooldowns, I think that maybe start with 1 token and then get tokens for safe unhooks.

    I don't like to rely on on such things.

    Thats why most perks where you have to do something to activate it - bad.

    Delivarance - You will be hooked first.

    Second Wind - You will never get to heal someone or you will be hooked first.

    MoM - 3 Protection hits is hard to realize without dying.

    Autodidact - You wll never get a skillcheck or will end the game with 2 tokens on it.

  • I think its ok.

  • @28_stabs said:

    I think its ok.

    Would you use it constantly?

  • Yes. I like to stay on my gen and finish the job. If killer doesnt have BBQ, I notice it and I can punish it.

  • I use it regularly as a Jeff main, and it is indeed very useful. However, I find myself in the middle when it comes to these discussions.

    On one end, I’m totally fine with Distortion the way it is. It conceals my aura when need be while giving me super valuable information about the Killer’s perks and add-ons. I’ve busted numerous Jumpscare Myers with this perk.

    But on the other, all of my tokens will get consumed super fast either by a Hag with tracking add-ons or an All-Seeing Wraith, thus rendering the perk completely useless for the remainder of the match. But it’s not really that crippling, considering I’ve gotten all the info I needed to know.

    So, it could use a buff, but it doesn’t desperately need it. I guess it comes down to your playstyle I suppose.

  • The fact it has a counter that shows you when it is activated is powerful. It gives you the ability to not only hide your location but to determine what is activating it. I use it on a few builds.