Another MMR benefit/concern.
In regards to the argument that at high mmr's players will only see the more viable killers.
I wonder if when players like myself who are bad at other killers they want to be good at (The Clown, Demogorgon, Deathslinger in my case) get to practice with those killers against equally skilled opponents that our skill with varied killers will increase.
This would mean that more players end up with higher mmrs with varied killers because they were allowed to git gud with other killers.
The alternate possibility is that players trying to get better with other killers would actually stagnate in a personal mmr range because their tactics work fine for the current mmr range, but doesn't actually help them improve their skill and discover new tactics to beat more difficult opponents since their opponents are equally skilled and there's no need to adapt to defeat stronger opponents.
For years I've said that killers have to deal with the things survivors can throw at them and decent killer players have become incredibly skilled because they had to adapt to survivors.
With this mmr change I wonder if killer players will begin to get soft...
What are your thoughts?
Edit: an old video I made about a balanced DbD for reference
https://youtu.be/19PoF81pJB8
Comments