Learning how to play without spine chill

I want to get used to playing survivor without relying on spine chill any tips on how to do so?

Comments

  • Honestly just play. I ran Spine Chill for like 6 months. I was very used to having it. After a while you get used to not having it again.

  • You just look and listen, there's really nothing to it. Repair gens from angles where you can see better and/or are harder to grab from.

  • I go back and forth on spine chill because it also has other advantages like being able to work on gens, opening chests, or even opening the exit gate faster if the killer happens to be within that 36 meter radius.

    But like you I don't want to have to rely on it with every build. If you want to run without it then I would practice on getting good at looping, because by the time you hear the heartbeat the Killer is already breathing down your neck, more so if they're running monitor and abuse.

  • Do ten perkless matches in a row.

    Gota go cold turkey to break addictions

  • Pay attention to sounds around you. Stealth killers breathing and footsteps tend to be pretty loud.

  • @bm33 said:

    Pay attention to sounds around you. Stealth killers breathing and footsteps tend to be pretty loud.

    GF and Myers have some of the most obvious sounds in the game. Between GF breathing and Myers footsteps you should be able to hear them easily.

  • @BaschFonRonsenburg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473317#Comment_1473317

    GF and Myers have some of the most obvious sounds in the game. Between GF breathing and Myers footsteps you should be able to hear them easily.

    GF cape swooshing is super loud. Wraith I think is the loudest with his gurgly breath and heavy footsteps. Pig wheezing breath isn't necessarily loud but it's definitely noticeable.