Why are bloodpoints capped at 1 million?

After all this time, I could never understand why they did this.They lose nothing by removing the cap, people would still earn bloodpoints the same way they did before hitting 1 million and you wouldn't have to be forced to spend bloodpoints just to not go over the cap. Iridescent shards aren't capped, neither are auric cells, why not remove the bloodpoint cap?

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • So you can't save millions and instantly P3 50 new characters the second they drop.

  • So you dont hack 9999999999 bps.

  • Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

  • @switch said:
    So you dont hack 9999999999 bps.

    I guess if someone was using a hack, he could repeat it several times.

  • @Bbbrian2013 said:
    So you can't save millions and instantly P3 50 new characters the second they drop.

    But how does that hurt the devs? You still have to grind like crazy, doesn't matter if it's before or after the character's release.

  • And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I would love it, if they would remove the limit. Since right now i´m wasting points on survivors and killers, in order to not go past 1.000.000.
    The "so someone doesn´t p3 a new char" excuse would be a stupid reason. This game is for adults. If i want to save all my money to spend it on something ridiculous, then i´m allowed to do so. Why not in this game?

  • Also having a P3 character day 1 does nothing to give you an advantage. As level 50 and P3 50 are not different.

  • @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    Thought so...

  • @Tsulan said:
    I would love it, if they would remove the limit. Since right now i´m wasting points on survivors and killers, in order to not go past 1.000.000.
    The "so someone doesn´t p3 a new char" excuse would be a stupid reason. This game is for adults. If i want to save all my money to spend it on something ridiculous, then i´m allowed to do so. Why not in this game?

    Exactly my point, not to mention most prestiges aren't better looking than store cosmetics, with the exception of maybe nurse and billy since they're full-on bloody.

  • @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    Peanits...
    What if I may have gotten past it?
    I reported a bug and got a nice 2mil+ bps in return.
    Am I a mass cheater now?
    OOF

  • @Skorpanio said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    Peanits...
    What if I may have gotten past it?
    I reported a bug and got a nice 2mil+ bps in return.
    Am I a mass cheater now?
    OOF

    As in support gave you BP? Nah. That's normal. There's normal bloodpoints, and then there's a separate special bloodpoint counter. You can earn normal bloodpoints up to 1,000,000, even if your bonus bloodpoints puts you over 1,000,000.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Peanits said:

    @Skorpanio said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    Peanits...
    What if I may have gotten past it?
    I reported a bug and got a nice 2mil+ bps in return.
    Am I a mass cheater now?
    OOF

    As in support gave you BP? Nah. That's normal. There's normal bloodpoints, and then there's a separate special bloodpoint counter. You can earn normal bloodpoints up to 1,000,000, even if your bonus bloodpoints puts you over 1,000,000.

    You get bloodpoints for reporting bugs?!
    Why has no one told me about that?
    **proceeds to flood the bug report forum with every tiny bug I encounter**
  • @Peanits said:

    As in support gave you BP? Nah. That's normal. There's normal bloodpoints, and then there's a separate special bloodpoint counter. You can earn normal bloodpoints up to 1,000,000, even if your bonus bloodpoints puts you over 1,000,000.

    Does this mean that I can just keep on going?
    Or just add 1mil on top of what I recieved?

  • @Tsulan said:

    You get bloodpoints for reporting bugs?!
    Why has no one told me about that?
    proceeds to flood the bug report forum with every tiny bug I encounter

    Srry, didin't just report it but lost bps bcs of it. :)

  • @RSB said:
    And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

    Wait what?

    How on earth does the cap increase the grind?

    Spend the points maybe????

  • @Tizzle said:

    @RSB said:
    And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

    Wait what?

    How on earth does the cap increase the grind?

    Spend the points maybe????

    No spend, more grind.
    Is this inside the mind of a normal dbd player?

  • @Tizzle said:

    @RSB said:
    And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

    Wait what?

    How on earth does the cap increase the grind?

    Spend the points maybe????

    If you want to save, let's say, 10kk for the new character, you actually can't. If you reach the cap of 1kk, you need then to waste the BP on characters you already levelled, or on characters you are not interested to spend BPs on.

    That means you are literally wasting BPs on something you do not want to waste BPs on, instead of saving it for a new character, which increases the time you put in levelling sain new character.

  • @Skorpanio said:

    @Tizzle said:

    @RSB said:
    And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

    Wait what?

    How on earth does the cap increase the grind?

    Spend the points maybe????

    No spend, more grind.
    Is this inside the mind of a normal dbd player?

    This mans a genious.

    Let me cap my bloodpoints, not spend them, continue playing earning 0 bloodpoints, then complain about the grind.

    Do you not have a brain??

  • @Tizzle said:

    Do you not have a brain??

    I'm over the cap...
    Or who r u talking about?

  • @Skorpanio said:

    @Tizzle said:

    Do you not have a brain??

    I'm over the cap...
    Or who r u talking about?

    Just... Do not respond to him, Skorpio, if he figure it out why he is in fault, then it will be better fo him. You know, working your brain et cetera.

  • @RSB said:

    Just... Do not respond to him, if he figure it out why he is in fault, then it will be better fo him. You know, working your brain et cetera.

    Mmm, ah well.
    Cya, moving on to a new thread now.
    The thread is called 'Bed'
    Probaply doesn't exist tho.

  • @Skorpanio said:

    @RSB said:

    Just... Do not respond to him, if he figure it out why he is in fault, then it will be better fo him. You know, working your brain et cetera.

    Mmm, ah well.
    Cya, moving on to a new thread now.
    The thread is called 'Bed'
    Probaply doesn't exist tho.

    Sweet dreams.

    Btw. Was talking about Tizzle, not you, Skorpio. Do not know if you misunderstood what I have said, because you could understand it both ways.

  • Skorpanio said:

    @Tsulan said:

    You get bloodpoints for reporting bugs?!
    Why has no one told me about that?
    proceeds to flood the bug report forum with every tiny bug I encounter

    Srry, didin't just report it but lost bps bcs of it. :)

    Ohh... so I won't get 2 million bloodpoints for reporting a fat shaming spot?
    :(
  • @Tsulan said:
    Skorpanio said:

    @Tsulan said:

    You get bloodpoints for reporting bugs?!
    

    Why has no one told me about that?

    proceeds to flood the bug report forum with every tiny bug I encounter

    Srry, didin't just report it but lost bps bcs of it. :)

    Ohh... so I won't get 2 million bloodpoints for reporting a fat shaming spot?
    :(

    On new map? I wan't it too, let's share.

  • RSB said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Skorpanio said:

    @Tsulan said:

    You get bloodpoints for reporting bugs?!
    

    Why has no one told me about that?

    proceeds to flood the bug report forum with every tiny bug I encounter

    Srry, didin't just report it but lost bps bcs of it. :)

    Ohh... so I won't get 2 million bloodpoints for reporting a fat shaming spot?
    :(

    On new map? I wan't it too, let's share.

    No, wasn't on the new map. Was on a older one.
  • Knew the reason for it being capped for a while.

    Still wondering why its capped :chuffed:

    Do you really think capping at 1 Million will stop a hacker that really wants BP? If they want it that bad, nothing is going to stop them. Might stop a few maybe?

    I still have a problem with the cap though. If someone has all the perks and everyone currently available maxed out. Why shouldn't we be allowed to save up more than 36ish levels worth of BP for new characters? Not like its slowing the grind, its the exact same. And I hate when I go into a match and end up earning over the 1 Million, so I end up losing out on BP. Putting BP into the blood web at Prestige 3 to get addons is so useless. Better to learn to play without addons & items, you will become a much better player.

    There really isn't a good reason you can impose at this point besides "To stop hackers", and that has been worn down at this point.

    And lets not forget all the people that got confused when they saw players with over 1 Million BP, because of the compensation for the data losses. Luckily that bits over, but it was annoying having to keep people informed on why things were the way they were.

  • @Skorpanio said:

    @Peanits said:

    As in support gave you BP? Nah. That's normal. There's normal bloodpoints, and then there's a separate special bloodpoint counter. You can earn normal bloodpoints up to 1,000,000, even if your bonus bloodpoints puts you over 1,000,000.

    Does this mean that I can just keep on going?
    Or just add 1mil on top of what I recieved?

    You can earn up to 1m.
    Extra BPs granted by support are not factored into that.

    So say you have 500,000 BP, then support gives you a bunch, you can still earn another 500,000 more before you'll stop earning BP. Spending your points until you're below 1,000,000 will allow you to start earning points again.

  • @RSB said:

    @Tizzle said:

    @RSB said:
    And this cap is ridiculous. I think devs should not restrict if someone wants to save 10kk to level up one character, because, well, those BPs were legit.

    The BP cap increases the grind.

    Wait what?

    How on earth does the cap increase the grind?

    Spend the points maybe????

    If you want to save, let's say, 10kk for the new character, you actually can't. If you reach the cap of 1kk, you need then to waste the BP on characters you already levelled, or on characters you are not interested to spend BPs on.

    That means you are literally wasting BPs on something you do not want to waste BPs on, instead of saving it for a new character, which increases the time you put in levelling sain new character.

    +1 can confirm. if i am not ready to Prestige a killer because i still have addons and offerings i want to use first before i take the dive and i am at a million BP i am forced to dump them into other characters that i have no interest in playing. RSB is correct when he says the Bloodpoint cap increases the grind by forcing you to waste your points on characters you will never use.

  • @Peanits said:

    So say you have 500,000 BP, then support gives you a bunch, you can still earn another 500,000 more before you'll stop earning BP. Spending your points until you're below 1,000,000 will allow you to start earning points again.

    I got so happy, but now I'm sad instead.
    Thx, great and clear answear!

  • @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    and why is that a bad thing if I may ask? Say, I bought a character. Why wouldn't I be allowed to invest 4 million bloodpoints at once to get the max potential out of my purchase? I don't see any logical reason here, so please enlighten me :)

  • @Snapshot said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    and why is that a bad thing if I may ask? Say, I bought a character. Why wouldn't I be allowed to invest 4 million bloodpoints at once to get the max potential out of my purchase? I don't see any logical reason here, so please enlighten me :)

    It's because there is none, the only reason I could think of since I posted this is because they don't want you to use BP modifiers to get it that quick.

  • it might be here for making you play the game much more for upgrading characters. Otherwise you could've just played a lot during the double BP event and then just opened the game only to upgrade new characters. But you are forced to play when you need BPs, not when you can get them, which means that you'l be playing periodically providing the game with constant playerbase. Also, this system prevents people from having crazy amount of event items.
    And that's all I could think of. If I'm wrong, there's no reason for this cap to exist at all.

  • @Snapshot said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    and why is that a bad thing if I may ask? Say, I bought a character. Why wouldn't I be allowed to invest 4 million bloodpoints at once to get the max potential out of my purchase? I don't see any logical reason here, so please enlighten me :)

    This change was made waaaaay before I joined the team (I was just a mod at the time), so I'm just spitballing here. If you could save up massive amounts of points and instantly P3-50 a new chapter, that would take a lot of the fun out of it. I know it's cool to knock the grind, but at the same time, that grind gives a lot of people goals to work towards and a reason to keep coming back. I'm guilty of this in most games I play. I can be having fun, but once I reach the max level and have nothing left to do, it just starts to feel a little empty, like nothing you do matters.

    So to get back to the original question, if someone were able to save up a ton of bloodpoints and instantly finish a chapter, it could feel very underwhelming. Then they're left waiting for another 3-4 months waiting for new content because they just blew through the last one. Pacing, I guess.

    Also gotta' keep in mind that it doesn't change how fast you accumulate BP. You're still getting them at the same rate. The only difference is that you can't skip through progressing something, you can only go part way.

  • @Peanits said:

    @Snapshot said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    and why is that a bad thing if I may ask? Say, I bought a character. Why wouldn't I be allowed to invest 4 million bloodpoints at once to get the max potential out of my purchase? I don't see any logical reason here, so please enlighten me :)

    This change was made waaaaay before I joined the team (I was just a mod at the time), so I'm just spitballing here. If you could save up massive amounts of points and instantly P3-50 a new chapter, that would take a lot of the fun out of it. I know it's cool to knock the grind, but at the same time, that grind gives a lot of people goals to work towards and a reason to keep coming back. I'm guilty of this in most games I play. I can be having fun, but once I reach the max level and have nothing left to do, it just starts to feel a little empty, like nothing you do matters.

    So to get back to the original question, if someone were able to save up a ton of bloodpoints and instantly finish a chapter, it could feel very underwhelming. Then they're left waiting for another 3-4 months waiting for new content because they just blew through the last one. Pacing, I guess.

    Also gotta' keep in mind that it doesn't change how fast you accumulate BP. You're still getting them at the same rate. The only difference is that you can't skip through progressing something, you can only go part way.

    Right... Because it would take the fun out of the chapter... So a chapter ends when someone p3 a char...
    BTW. is there a limit on Auric Cells? I mean, by the same logic, it would take the fun out of a chapter if i can unlock all skins instantly...

    There is absolute no logic reason for a bloodpoint limit right now. Please let players decide what to do with their bloodpoints.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Peanits said:

    @Snapshot said:

    @Peanits said:
    Originally to prevent mass cheating. Nowadays it just prevents you from saving up a ridiculous amount of bloodpoints and skipping an entire prestige, or to instantly P3-50 any new character that's released.

    and why is that a bad thing if I may ask? Say, I bought a character. Why wouldn't I be allowed to invest 4 million bloodpoints at once to get the max potential out of my purchase? I don't see any logical reason here, so please enlighten me :)

    This change was made waaaaay before I joined the team (I was just a mod at the time), so I'm just spitballing here. If you could save up massive amounts of points and instantly P3-50 a new chapter, that would take a lot of the fun out of it. I know it's cool to knock the grind, but at the same time, that grind gives a lot of people goals to work towards and a reason to keep coming back. I'm guilty of this in most games I play. I can be having fun, but once I reach the max level and have nothing left to do, it just starts to feel a little empty, like nothing you do matters.

    So to get back to the original question, if someone were able to save up a ton of bloodpoints and instantly finish a chapter, it could feel very underwhelming. Then they're left waiting for another 3-4 months waiting for new content because they just blew through the last one. Pacing, I guess.

    Also gotta' keep in mind that it doesn't change how fast you accumulate BP. You're still getting them at the same rate. The only difference is that you can't skip through progressing something, you can only go part way.

    Right... Because it would take the fun out of the chapter... So a chapter ends when someone p3 a char...
    BTW. is there a limit on Auric Cells? I mean, by the same logic, it would take the fun out of a chapter if i can unlock all skins instantly...

    There is absolute no logic reason for a bloodpoint limit right now. Please let players decide what to do with their bloodpoints.

    Exactly. Following this logic, Auric cells should have a limit too. But they have not.