Why is everything the same button?

Why is there no option to change button bindings?

As survivor, 90% of actions are the same button and its frustrating.

For example, if a dying state survivor is on a pallet, i want to throw the pallet down but instead it tries to heal the survivor.

Or maybe i want to heal a survivor but instead my survivor repairs the generator im next to.

Worst of all, when i go to disarm a trap but my survivor vaults, and i get trapped because of it.

Even as killer, i wish i could change the picking up survivors button to something different than the vaulting button.

Why is there no option to change these buttons around?

(I play on console)

Comments

  • I feel this struggle so much. Sometimes I try to heal someone who is laying under a pallet but then i just slam the pallet on top of them and waste it.

    On a similar note, it's annoying when things like totems and pallets are right beside each other and you try to break a totem but end up slamming the pallet. Or when you go to vault a window in chase but you hop in a locker that's beside the window XD

  • While people may disagree, I started playing this game due to its simplicity.

    I do not want some Worldcraft toolbar across my screen with 20 different F key buttons to mash, I like this game for lack of looting things, bank system,s, and too many toolbar icons.

    I like the simple.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    While people may disagree, I started playing this game due to its simplicity.

    I do not want some Worldcraft toolbar across my screen with 20 different F key buttons to mash, I like this game for lack of looting things, bank system,s, and too many toolbar icons.

    I like the simple.

    My roommate recently told me he liked playing dead by Daylight over other games for this exact reason. The core gameplay is relatively simple.