Does the Nurse need an another rework?

The Nurse has become a boring killer. Bugs, cooldown and useless addons makes her unfun to play. Does she need an another rework ?

Firstly, the Nurse is extremaly bugged killer. On the maps there are so many deadzones and places which unable Nurse to blink through. Her power is bugged too. Sometimes, she can't attack after blinking or blink second some.

Secondly, Nurse's cooldown is horrable. If survivor panish you by making a huge distance, you have to use stomething about 2 sets of your blinks. Then, survivors gain free 18 seconds to run away total. Remember, the Nurse is slower than survivors, so they can make longer distance between the Nurse while she's just walking. Survivors also want to genrush so you should be careful.

Thirdly, her addons are useless. There are only 2 great addons, and 2 pretty good addons, but they could be better. I mean recharge addons are great, and range addons are good. Everything else does nothing or makes even game harder so it definitely should be reworked.

So how the Nurse can be better character without giving her too much power ? I've created an article about my new vision about the Nurse. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172569/the-nurses-new-balance/p1?new=1

Dear Developers, do something with her. Fix her cooldown, addons, bugs, everything which makes her unfun to play! She doesn't need additional blink addons. She should be the most dangerous killer in the game, but now she is strong but with recharge addons. Again do anything inteligent but yes, you want to nerf the Hillbilly. 🤔

Comments

  • I doubt they'll ever touch her again. Even if they did, they are just gonna make her even worse than it is now.

  • Nurse is just super frustrating to play sometimes. I watch my friend play a lot of Nurse since he’s pretty good as her, and there’s a few things she needs.

    • 1. An add-on rework, again. Some can stay the same, like the recharge and fatigue add-ons. The BP add-ons need to go and the Ultra Rares shouldn’t be so restricted.
    • 2. Some sort of built-in awareness, so you’ll know if you’re about to screw up and blink nowhere, thus wasting your blink charge and fatiguing. Not saying Plaid Flannel should be base, mind you. However, you SHOULD be notified when you’re about to accidentally blink into the basement or onto another floor.
    • 3. Running straight should not be a legitimate strategy in facing Nurse. Unfortunately though, this issue is mostly map design, which is hopefully gonna eventually be fixed when they return to the older maps, such as Autohaven or Coldwind, so that they’re less open and gives more room for Nurse to catch up.

    Bugs and map inconveniences are constantly being fixed in almost every update. With every new map, the Nurse always has trouble with it for the first few months so I wouldn’t be too concerned about it.

    So yeah, I absolutely agree. People like me DO wanna learn how to play Nurse and have fun doing so. I’m optimistic that we’ll get there one day.

  • I think they need to address fatigue more than anything. It's just not fun to look at the ground and sway like a drunken sailor every 10 seconds on top of having to wait for your power to recharge whilst having no downing capability in between.

    The time for Nurse to catch up to survivors in a straight line is no different than any other M1 killer. What Nurse has a particular issue with is that she can't reverse course if she tries to cut the survivor off with a long range blink and they decide to double back. Then she has to catch up all over again because the base recharge is a bit too long.

    But the devs are in a pickle with Nurse because high end Nurse players are an odd bunch. We're doing just fine on kill rate without add ons right now. To make this particular power accessible at low to mid level play means that it will be arguably OP in the hands of someone who plays competitively. It's a tough balancing act.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think they need to address fatigue more than anything. It's just not fun to look at the ground and sway like a drunken sailor every 10 seconds on top of having to wait for your power to recharge whilst having no downing capability in between.

    The time for Nurse to catch up to survivors in a straight line is no different than any other M1 killer. What Nurse has a particular issue with is that she can't reverse course if she tries to cut the survivor off with a long range blink and they decide to double back. Then she has to catch up all over again because the base recharge is a bit too long.

    But the devs are in a pickle with Nurse because high end Nurse players are an odd bunch. We're doing just fine on kill rate without add ons right now. To make this particular power accessible at low to mid level play means that it will be arguably OP in the hands of someone who plays competitively. It's a tough balancing act.

    They don't need to touch fatigue because it is something like a cooldown on her power. They should remove her cooldown and remain fatigue. She will be again great killer. Before nerfs, she has required a lot of skill and practice too. Good survivors who are paying attention could beat her easly. The problem was with her addons. 5 blinks were disguisting and survivors just dc. Nurse should be more interesting killer than now.

  • Make her cooldown recharge while she's charging her ability, even if its at 50% rate. It doesntvget rid of the stupid cd in itself, but atleast there wont be 99% blinks.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Make her cooldown recharge while she's charging her ability, even if its at 50% rate. It doesntvget rid of the stupid cd in itself, but atleast there wont be 99% blinks.

    I've been advocating for this change since the begging. Also this thread is another suggestion for her power meter:

    @coppersly said:

    With the introduction of Pyramid Head, we see a fluid power meter that both acts as an intended limit while also allowing the user to decide to use their power whenever they please because you can use it at any charge above 0. This is by far the most fluid and well designed power meter in the game so far imo. It's actually pretty well done, good job BHVR.

    Now with that sentiment, I'd like to suggest a change to Nurse's power meter to act almost exactly as Pyramid Head's does. I suggest that instead of having a discrete charge mechanic where you must charge a full blink before you can use it, it should instead draw continuously from the total meter up to the max blink charge normally allowed for both blinks, if there is enough meter to support these actions.

    Here's a gif simulating draining 1 blink. Imagine there's no blink counter, and more meter left after a single charge that you can draw from for your second blink. I know it's jpeg'd to hell but that's the life of a free gif editor.

    https://imgur.com/oYVm22w

    This will eliminate the very frustrating "feature" of thinking you have 2 whole blinks but you're at <100% charge or the server thinks you didn't have both blinks yet. It will also reward skilled play by allowing the player more opportunity to go for attacks without full charge and risking the miss or hit. You're still punished by the cooldown but now you can actually choose your blinks instead of being spoon fed the chance to blink. I also believe this would shift the importance of running the CD addons and leave more room open for more builds. I honestly dislike greatly having to run the CD addons because I will literally blink 50% less in a game otherwise.

    Please leave your critique I honestly think this suggestion would be the best middle ground for people like me who don't like the cooldown and other people who argue she was OP and needed one.


    On the topic of another addon pass, yes she needs it. Her range or CD addons are still the only good ones, and even if the other ones that aren't good could be good they're marred by bugs of their own on top of her basekit bugs. It's a mess all around and we desperately need a mid-chapter dedicated to nothing but her and a few other killer bugs. Nothing but bug fixes. Little to no new content and whatever the cosmetic team happens to have finished.

    I also hope they change her power meter in some fashion for the better. I don't even care if we have to have a CD now because I've just gotten used to dealing with it. I just want her fluidity restored. They ripped it right out of her cold dead hands.

  • Every survivor taking Dead hard makes her unfun to play too. Blink towards survivors area, blink at the survivor, survivor dead hards, nothing you can do but eat the fatigue even if you predict it and dont swing. Wait for recharge and then blink blink again. It just makes her slow.

    I worry this will happen to Huntress too when they get rid of her exhaustion add ins. Nothing better than lining up a perfect one in a million shot just for someone to press E and render it null and void.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467217#Comment_1467217

    I've been advocating for this change since the begging. Also this thread is another suggestion for her power meter:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156811/nurse-power-meter-change-suggestion

    On the topic of another addon pass, yes she needs it. Her range or CD addons are still the only good ones, and even if the other ones that aren't good could be good they're marred by bugs of their own on top of her basekit bugs. It's a mess all around and we desperately need a mid-chapter dedicated to nothing but her and a few other killer bugs. Nothing but bug fixes. Little to no new content and whatever the cosmetic team happens to have finished.

    I also hope they change her power meter in some fashion for the better. I don't even care if we have to have a CD now because I've just gotten used to dealing with it. I just want her fluidity restored. They ripped it right out of her cold dead hands.

    Oh i think i saw that thread. I agree on the addons and all the qol sally can get. Even though in the grand scheme for all killers, addons that buff a variable shouldnt be a thing anymore, because those mostly become the meta. ( charge speed, cooldown etc) (the removal of the addons should include a buff to the base stats these addons are modifiying).