"Hurdle" A suggestion for a new perk
Hurdle
When the perk Hurdle is used to vault a window while in a chase, that action is done 3%/6%/9% faster and is a guaranteed fast vault.
Hurdle can only be triggered once every 30/25/20 seconds.
---
Point of clarification that I couldn't quite phrase properly. This does not turn slow vaults into fast vaults, but it does make medium vaults into fast vaults when triggered.
---
AhoyWolf's suggested alternative
Hurdle
When you should do a medium vault it would be a fast vault instead, does have a cooldown of 35/30/25 seconds.
Comments
Maybe if the cooldown was a bit longer, and/or making it an exhaustion perk. Because otherwise, the way I see it, it's only going to be super abusable and making infinite loops a thing again.
I thought about giving an invincibility frame and an exhaustion affect. But I just feel like at that point it wouldn't be used. This may open the door to loops that aren't available so I can understand why increasing the cool down may be needed for balance. But I also wanted it to have synergy with quick and quiet and windows of opportunity. However, I don't feel like it's powerful enough to justify exhaustion.
Making vaults a guaranteed fast vault AND making it faster to vault isn't powerful to you? Really? Also, giving it an invincibility frame would make it yet another second chance perk.
And honestly, for faster vaulting speed, Resilience already exists.. so this perk would really only guarantee fast vaults, which, in my opinion, isn't anything to write home about.
I think only making it a guaranteed fast vault is good enough.
But I would still make some changes.
Hurdle
When you should do a medium vault it would be a fast vault instead, does have a cooldown of 35/30/25 seconds.
I like that change. It would mean that it couldn't be used when fast vaulting on accident. And if that were implemented than the increased vaulting speed isn't needed.
Imagine using this, spine chill and resilience xd