Escaping Hook On Your Own...Tunneling Prevention Idea

So I was in a match with the Doctor earlier and escaped the hook on my second try. Yes, I know, doing that isn't a good idea but most Doctor matches I get, the other survivors will abandon me until I'm just about to die since they gen rushed and I die anyway cause they're not close enough to make it in time.

Anyway, as soon as I got off and away from the hook, there's Mr. Herman Carter and he shocks me, then downs me. I know all's fair in love and war but I was thinking that a possible prevention method to tunneling in thus situation would be maybe some sort of shield or timer that makes it so the killer can't down you. Maybe automatic stuns or blindness anytime you within a certain distance of that survivor who freed themselves from the hook. Of course, this may seem like a balance disruption but seeing as how low the odds are for escaping it could be possible.

This gives the survivor who freed their self an actual chance to live. I also heavily suggest that a timer be placed on this, perhaps the same amount of time it take to reach full sickness from the Plague. It gives the survivor the time to escape the killer's line of sight, tracks and blood already disappearing. Survivors without Self-Care would have to go and find someone else or a chest for a medkit. So there is a counter on the survivors side.

The killer wouldn't be able to down or tunnel that INDIVIDUAL survivor. Maybe if someone's working on a generator it will explode and gives off their area of location giving the killer the option to A) follow the freed survivor from a distance where I don't get stunned or blinded (whatever the downside would be) ot B) go after someone else who I will be able to chase without being stunned or blinded.

This would kind of iron out some of the tunneling in this situation. Cause sometimes killers and survivors spawn near each other. I spawned in the line of sight of the Huntress and she threw two axes at me and I got hooked immediately. If the others ignored me and I freed myself, I should at least have a chance to lose the Huntress while she would go after somebody for the time of the timer.

I really would like to hear others' opinions. This idea seems like a good one but would if executed poorly then wouldn't work at all.

Comments

  • The first suggestion on giving survivor's temporary invincibility would practically make Borrowed Time base-kit as well as useless (although it could arguably be OP if combined with BT).

    Off the top of my head, if they wanted to make tunnelling totally unrewarding for the killer, they could make the hook timer pause when the killer is within a certain radius, which would also practically make Camaraderie base-kit, but I'm aware they tried this before and the insight was it could be exploited by SWF's.

  • Not to sound rude at all but you're not always meant to survive, doing something along those lines would be heavily abused by SWF and make the end game impossible to secure a kill if say a survivor was on stage 2 on the hook and has DS, then a different survivor saves them with BT and trades places, gets himself off basement hook and out the game because the killer cant down him even if he wanted to in that scenario and if he leaves the hook he gets DS by the other assuming that what you're saying only works on first hook

  • @mdaCHARMED2016 said:

    So I was in a match with the Doctor earlier and escaped the hook on my second try. Yes, I know, doing that isn't a good idea but most Doctor matches I get, the other survivors will abandon me until I'm just about to die since they gen rushed and I die anyway cause they're not close enough to make it in time.

    Anyway, as soon as I got off and away from the hook, there's Mr. Herman Carter and he shocks me, then downs me. I know all's fair in love and war but I was thinking that a possible prevention method to tunneling in thus situation would be maybe some sort of shield or timer that makes it so the killer can't down you. Maybe automatic stuns or blindness anytime you within a certain distance of that survivor who freed themselves from the hook. Of course, this may seem like a balance disruption but seeing as how low the odds are for escaping it could be possible.

    This gives the survivor who freed their self an actual chance to live. I also heavily suggest that a timer be placed on this, perhaps the same amount of time it take to reach full sickness from the Plague. It gives the survivor the time to escape the killer's line of sight, tracks and blood already disappearing. Survivors without Self-Care would have to go and find someone else or a chest for a medkit. So there is a counter on the survivors side.

    The killer wouldn't be able to down or tunnel that INDIVIDUAL survivor. Maybe if someone's working on a generator it will explode and gives off their area of location giving the killer the option to A) follow the freed survivor from a distance where I don't get stunned or blinded (whatever the downside would be) ot B) go after someone else who I will be able to chase without being stunned or blinded.

    This would kind of iron out some of the tunneling in this situation. Cause sometimes killers and survivors spawn near each other. I spawned in the line of sight of the Huntress and she threw two axes at me and I got hooked immediately. If the others ignored me and I freed myself, I should at least have a chance to lose the Huntress while she would go after somebody for the time of the timer.

    I really would like to hear others' opinions. This idea seems like a good one but would if executed poorly then wouldn't work at all.

    You just unhooked yoirself which is already arguably op ESPECIALLY combined with ds and you want to make that even worse. Nah. Just run ds.

  • I forgot about Decisive Strike....

    I know survivors are not always meant to survive. But something like this could be done. Also it would only be when you free yourself from a hook. If someone rescues you, it doesn't work. Also DS doesn't always guarantee you will get free. The chances of you freeing yourself are already low and if you do get hooked a second time, you go straight to Hook stage 2, so really this would only during your first time being hooked. If the gates are open, I would also say that it wouldn't activate. It's sole purpose would be to prevent tunneling on one survivor. And SWF can't really abuse it in this scenario because the hooked survivor HAS TO FREE THEIR SELF for it to even activate. If someone frees you, you can still get chased immediately.