does the nurse need a add-on rework?
If you ever looked into the add-ons of the nurse you might noticed that her add-ons aren't so good. I mean her add-ons got changed in a nerf so that's completely fine. But I never noticed how bad they actually were. Out of 20 add-ons that she has only 2 are good. Some of them are just meme add-ons which don't help at all. Others are making the nurse weaker which a add-on shouldnt do. Or make her weaker for bloodpoints. Or just old add-ons that still exist the way like before the nerf. Just that they got nerfed to hell and there's no reason to ever use them again. Or some of them actually have good ideas for solid effects. Just that they messed it up because they were scared that a add-on could get too strong so they made them too weak. I know the nurse is by far the strongest killer in the game even after all those nerfs. But a killer should have at least usable add-ons. Only TWO add-ons out of 20? That's bullshit! I think she should get a rework of her add-ons so that they aren't that garbage as they are at the moment. Or just the simple way. Give her the old add-ons back that she had before the nerf. Just with a few changes like no extra blink add-ons. Or don't make omega blink so strong as it was before. You could still have omega add-ons. Just that they aren't so strong. Also you shouldnt make any add-ons for extra blinks. A nurse should always only have 2 blinks and not any more than that. You could change out add-ons that gave her extra blinks with add-ons that affect her blink cooldown. At least you guys should do something. I know she is the strongest killer in the game and that you care about your community and try to make it balanced. But it wont be that bad at all. Since the nurse nerf her pickrate is really low. Not because the nerf making her bad, I mean she is still the strongest killer in the game. More that she is no fun to play anymore, one main reason is the cooldown and I don't really like the cooldown too. But I mean it's also not a bad decision to just leave it. But many people also stop playing her because it gets boring, it's every single game the exact same. You can only use the blink recharge add-ons since those two add-ons are the only good ones out of the 20. It just gets boring because before the nerf you had so so many different cool add-on combos that made the game so fun. Today it is just boring and people don't really want to play her anymore that much. And I mean this is just a game and you are suppost to have fun while playing a game. I would really love to hear an answer from a Dev if you guys are ever planing to change something or if nothing is gonna happen. I just miss the old times so much because now the Nurse is just boring. : (
In this text file I just made a list of every add-on and wrote why that add-on is bad or why that add-on is good so you can understand what I think of those add-ons. Maybe some of you think that some add-ons are not that bad at all. So with this you can at least understand why I think so.
Nurse Add-ons.txt
Comments
You're kinda underestimating some of these add-ons. Metal spoon is one of her best add-ons because it negates the need to run stridor, you're essentially running 5 perks. Sounds are more broken than ever so imo louder survivors, when they actually feel like producing sound, is better. And the reduced fatigue is really nice to have. Half a second is a long time shaved off your fatigue, you're not looking at the ground nearly as much, and the wooden horse and plaid flannel are great for beginner Nurse players. The range add-ons make you go even further than they did before, but it takes a while to get to the max blink range. I agree that the cooldown add-ons are her best ones though. If your running both you're essentially playing old Nurse at that point, and they're not too expensive so you could probably run them indefinitely.
Plaid Flannel can help to understand the nurse and help beginners to understand their power, that's true. But I wont count it as a good add-on since it doesn't help at all at the end when you are able to play her. It confuses you more than it helps. But I mean its only a grey perk so thats okay. Still I don't think its a good add-on. Usually if survivors do not run Iron Will the metal spoon is not helping much. It is a Iron Will counter indeed but I don't think that you have to hear survivors as a Nurse. It's only my opinion and that's fine, you can also think about it the way you want to and I respect that. In my opinion metal spoon is not really helpful. The range add-ons only affect your first blink because you have to charge it longer. And that only means that it doesn't help you in a chase. It just allows you to blink faster through the map because your first blink can go 10 meters further with booth add-ons. But tbh with blink recharge add-ons you would get around the same efficienty, just that the blink recharge add-ons will also help you in a chase. I would just really love her old add-ons with a few changes or a complete new rework because at the moment the nurse doesn't make so much fun after some time. It's always the same with the same add-ons and that annoying cooldown. If they would rework the add-ons she would be way more fun. And even if not, her perks are so garbage a killers add-ons should never be something like that...