Dedicated servers

I don't know if anyone asked it yet but I want to know. Have you ever considered the idea of creating dedicate servers for this game? I think that'd defently improve the quality of the game.

Comments

  • I don't know if anyone asked it yet...
    LOL
    Has been asked many times. I posted one thread about it in wishlist subforum.
    Hope we can get that eventually.
  • I hope so! Love this GAME!
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Wise_William said:
    I don't know if anyone asked it yet but I want to know. Have you ever considered the idea of creating dedicate servers for this game? I think that'd defently improve the quality of the game.

    Of course it will improve the game, but DBD is coded in spaghetti code and the devs struggle even with easier changes. I doubt they will dare to touch network related things :wink:

  • @Wise_William said:
    I don't know if anyone asked it yet but I want to know. Have you ever considered the idea of creating dedicate servers for this game? I think that'd defently improve the quality of the game.

    They said like a month or month and a half ago, that they are considering getting them. But they never fully said no or yes.

  • They have investigated it, but with the amount of recoding that would need to be done to complete that we would be looking at version 3.0 or later before it could even be implemented. It is not an easy thing to do to recode an entire game that has never used that before.

    So while it was discussed, I would weigh heavily that this is just a request that will never be fulfilled.