The End All Perfect Change to Decisive Strike
I can't believe no one has thought of this sooner. So first off remove the timer otherwise its just gonna be useless.
2nd Decisive Strike is disabled when someone else is hooked or when you unhook someone else or yourself. This prevents cheese where people just unhook cause they have Decisive Strike. "But what if they just work on a gen in my face?" Then just slug them like you usually do and go chase someone else. This I feel would remove most of the cheese without having to add a host of conditions like disabling when healed, or working on a gen, or hopping in a locker.
Plus this encourages more healthy gameplay of actually going after someone else instead of just slugging people with Decisive Strike and waiting it out to hook them anyways. This also prevents people cheesing at the end with Deliverance or the 4%. If anybody has any ideas on how this could still be abused please tell me. But I truly feel this would be the perfect change.
Comments
The perfect cure is to eliminate the reason DS is used and therefore we can completely change DS into something else.
Killer hooks survivor: Survivor is immediately moved to a new hook 24m or more away. Killer cannot see the hook aura. If the killer enters within 16m of the hook and does not engage in the chase mechanic within 5 seconds, the hook is moved again and the death timer is stalled for 10 seconds.
Now we can not only completely get rid of DS, but BT as well. There is no need to avoid being tunneled with DS and no need to have BT in order to unhook a camped survivor.
The hook moving mechanic ends when the 5th gen pops. All bets are off at this point.
The only real hiccup is the basement hooks. As a Trapper main, this would suck for me. I love when I get a survivor hooked in the basement and plop 2-3 traps down (I rarely play without a bag addon). If nothing else, it takes extra time and that favors me. If they are insta-moved, I lose that advantage.
Perhaps the basement is a special case. If the killer does not leave the area within so many seconds, they get transported out? I don't know....just spit-balling.
I'd like to see DS and BT gone. They are both abused. But I recognize their need due to overly abundant numbers of camping/tunneling killers.
I vote change nothing.