Brought to you by the letter W

https://youtu.be/-Fv1rD82kmM

######### trackstar survivors ๐Ÿ˜‚

He talks about the distance survivors can gain from running in a straight line with a sprint boost.

Comments

  • Just saw the video a few minutes ago and just commented on it. I've been making points based off of the time it takes killers to catch up when survivors just run in a straight line for a while and I'm glad someone big in the community is breaking it down decently thoroughly.

    It's simple really, all you have to do is plug in the good ol' T=D/S formula and start crying cuz you realize survivors don't even need to mindgame to waste a killer's time.

    My go to example is Deathslinger. If you start running at 30 meters cuz you see the killer. It takes him 30 seconds just to cover 12 meters so he can hit you at MAX harpoon range (18 m) which is a pretty difficult shot that is not guaranteed a hit. If you wait for a safer shot, say 10 meters it takes you 50 seconds. It's why maps where he can't shoot as well like Game, Lery's and Hawkins can be brutal for him (and Huntress).

    With a 115% killer it lets say the lunge is 6 meters (which seems to be the default lunge), if a survivor is running 30 meters from you and you cant cut them off, it takes you 40 seconds to cover the 24 meters before you can lunge.

    I do see this as an issue, but I do not know what a solution could be.

  • He makes great points but from what I can tell the game is balanced around this. The change of mindset I'd recommend killer players make is to take the "learn to let go of a chase after fifteen seconds" rule that several streamers stand by. Chases take longer than they recommend/realize except for the absolute tater tots they regular upload videos of.

    Most games take fifteen minutes. Killers rarely will get a string of successful fifteen second chases. It's just more nuanced and the math Scott explains is correct in those scenarios but imo not the doom/gloom that it may appear (nice background music).

  • Time is against a killer. If 4 survivors can eat so much killer time by pressing W and getting gens done like burnt toast...