The killer's match result should be shown to the survivors
I think this change would put less pressure and importance on killers to get as many kills as possible. I think DBD intended the match results to mean such:
Entity displeased = lost
Brutal killer = average/tied
Ruthless = good
Merciless = excellent
The problem is survivors don't see the killer's match result at all. The only thing see they see are the kills, so they would see it like:
0-1 kills = victory
2 kills = tied
3-4 kills = lost
This puts pressure on the killer to play for kills since the killer's match result means nothing for the survivor in terms of victory or defeat. For example when I get 1 kill, I still often get a Brutal Killer but it still feels like a lost. If the survivors could see the Brutal Killer, then I would not care nearly as much.
I think this change would help shift the mindset of killers from needing to get as many kills as possible to getting as many kills and/or points as possible. This would be better for both sides since the point system rewards non-toxic gameplay. As long as the killer doesn't camp or tunnel and the game doesn't end in 5 minutes, the match result is usually Brutal Killer or better. Another benefit would be higher killer diversity. It would make it so a killer doesn't need to be strong to be playable. If the killer is weak but can still farm points, they would still be played.
Comments
Knowing survivor, it will just add insult to injury.
Don't think so. When survivors see 0-1 kill, they automatically assume you lost and got entity displeased.