I hope crossplay is optional

So crossplay is a huge feature and many are happy with it. I myself am not. PC players would definitely have an edge over console users for one thing. A lot of the world class players are on PC cause of mouse aiming. That's how they land ridiculous shots with a hatchet or they dominate as Billy with a chainsaw cause of the mouse aiming. As for consoles, I don't want to play with Xbox or Ps4 owners cause of their better controller.


I play on Switch. The Joycons are great for Nintendo first party titles. I loved playing through Super Mario:Odyssey with the Joycons in each hand like a Wii setup. They aren't very good with third party games like this due to the stuff analog and weird buttons. I actually just ordered a Switch Pro controller cause Hatchet throwing as Huntress and Blinking as Nurse is nearly impossible with the joycons. There are learning curves due to the controller. Even skill checks required lots of practice to nail and that's why a lot of survivors will backfire a generator in almost every match. I mastered skill checks though. So with that said, I hope to just play with other Switch users and that crossplay be optional rather than mandatory.

Comments

  • It is optional. It might lengthen your queues if most other switch users opt in though.

  • I guess it will remain optional as it is right now. Crossplay is enabled for Steam and Windows Store for quite a while and you can turn in off in the options

  • It is but I can imagine the queue times would be horrid and you'd be matched with the same players often.