Change Struggle Phase on Hook

Struggle, in it's current form, is bad. It's about mashing a key, which, why? No where else in the game do we have to mash a key.

Instead, make survivors do something they are used to. Skill checks.

Failing a skill check shouldn't result in instant death, but instead, takes time off the timer, or maybe causes it to move faster. Great skill checks cause the timer to pause for a second.

Comments

  • @PsychoInTent said:

    Struggle, in it's current form, is bad. It's about mashing a key, which, why? No where else in the game do we have to mash a key.

    Instead, make survivors do something they are used to. Skill checks.

    Failing a skill check shouldn't result in instant death, but instead, takes time off the timer, or maybe causes it to move faster. Great skill checks cause the timer to pause for a second.

    I agree with this, as a new player I was surprised it wasn't a skill check thing. I also think if you get a great skill check it should regress slightly (but not to the point you can get off the hook, just to give you an extra second or so on the hook/more struggle points/slightly extra chance of someone unhooking you in time).


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    This is something that is likely going to be addressed. PH's Skillcheck based struggle in his cages are a precursor, and is specifically mentioned in the Feedback Survey, how you would like it if the Struggle phase turned into a skill-check based phase.

    I'd deliberatelyget on a PH trial during my 2nd hook just toface some interesting skillchecks instead of breaking myspace to the point that Icant even typeproperly anymore

  • I'm sure they will change it. This was one of the questions in the recent survey, they asked whether the struggle mechanic needs to change. They know a lot of players don't like it.