People who play killer what are your opinion on "2nd chance perks"?

Ok i have seen different post on the forum complaining about "2nd chance perks". Im a survivor main but i want to see killers perspective on things. So people who play killer what is your problem with perks like DS, BT Unbreakable ect and how would you change it to make it more balanced for you guys but not ultimately making it a useless perk. I really am willing to listen.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Velarica said:

    Switch killer/survivor here. Play both in the red ranks. Really as a killer I have one issue with second chance perks. Specifically DS, its a fine perk it prevents tunneling to a degree. What bugs me is when survivors with DS think they are invulnerable and just run into your face to bait you to down them and pick them up. Essentially the issue is someone can pretend to have DS without actually running it (I dont see many people doing this i think its only me TBH) The threat of the perk will make the killer not pick you up whether you have it or not.

    From a meta game POV this makes the perk far more powerful than the stats it actually has. Of course its not as if there is really a way to fix this, just my issue with the perk. Otherwise I think Second chance perks do a good job of enforcing fun gameplay for both sides.

    Basically this. I have 0 problem with the concept of DS, just when it's weaponized for an essential invincibility state it's very frustrating. Doubly so for DS/Unbreakable. Unbreakable I hate with a passion due to how many games I've lost because of it, but I think survivors need an anti-slug perk so I don't think it needs to go. Though perhaps swap the faster recover over to Tenacity and give Unbreakable the faster crawl speed. That, plus making DS stop working if someone else gets hooked and I'd be totally happy. As for others, DH and Sprit Burst can be annoying, but they're one time use in a chase and at the end of the day I don't really care. I've never been hit by Soul Guard, and BT I can just play around if I need to, don't have a problem with that one. If anything, I think it should get a small buff: make it distance based rather than TR, so that it effects Freddy and cloak-camp Ghostface.

  • They are fine and have counters. Especially fun if adrenaline kicks in on a dying survivor who's slow to react and instantly downed! Adrenaline feels like the survivor equivalent of NOED to me. So I am fine with those perks. The game should be challenging on both sides. The only way to get better is to be challenged.

  • They are annoying as hell, as they negate Killer's good play.

    You win a mindgame or they do a terrible pathing, and it's just yolo away with DH.

  • The same as when I play survivor and I have to face freekill perks like noed, enfury. I hate it but I think those perks create some exciting games in high tier trials. Those perks can change the outcome of the game but mostly you're able to counterplay them too.

    I don't like the "for free" cards on each side but I'm fine with the philosophy behind those perks.

  • BT I don't have a problem with

    Unbreakable is just annoying and becomes kinda broken with DS literally lets them do whatever they want

    A change I'd like for DS is if the timer was shorter but pauses if the killer is tunneling them or DS doesn't work when they are fully healed or they are working on a gen or whatever cause they aren't being tunneled.

    Dead hard for distance is the only way i see it used now and just rewards greedy looping that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise and just waste that much more time when games don't last very long now.

    Most second chance perks are fine on the own but can carry average survivors when they all get stacked.

1 2 3 ›