Please add a chat box to consoles
When people want to communicate on PS4 they don't have a hatbox so they have to use the PSN messaging/chat service, which works fine. The problem with it is that PSN suspends people for just about anything, like trash talking. Even when it's in response to someone trolling, like, a killer in dead by daylight taking the game hostage trying to make survivors wait a long time or force them to quit out of the match. So they either lose their BP and get a disconnect penalty, or just wait for a long time for no reason. I haven't been suspended personally, but multiple friends of mine are just too stubborn to listen and always create the group chat to talk crap after something like that. I've tried to tell them. so. many. times. But this game really brings it out in people, lol.
I know the best solution is to tell my friends to stop trash talking, but I don't think they're going to learn until they're permanently banned or something. What's frustrating is that it's only dead by daylight where this happens because every other game we play has some kind of chat window or voice chat within the game.
Also, we try to report these players that do these things, but nothing ever comes of it. Not sure if that's the case on PC, but on console it is. Which is why it would be nice to have an in game chat feature like PC has on consoles. If we had that, then people would get their ire out in that chat window, and be done with it. Rather than taking it to group chat on PSN where people end up getting suspended for trash talking someone who was trolling them.
I know the reasoning for this request is annoying or silly, because the responsibility falls on my friends and I to not message people. But, like I said, some of my friends are just dumb about it and it doesn't seem like it would be hard to add to the game.
Comments