Licensed Characters brings new people to the game. Everyone loves playing their favorite horror icons as well as against them (usually). OC is needed though since they could come up with crazy and good ideas.
The stronger killers, or at least the ones who WERE pretty strong and/or fun were always non-licensed imo. Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress, etc.
Also, to me the only classic horror icon missing is Jason, and we all know why he is not here. Any other Killer not in the game is either forgettable or comes from a very specific movie/series/game that isn't nearly as popular or well known as the rest of the Licensed Killers. Most people know Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger, and like them. Then we have Pinhead, Candyman... even that Springtrap thing? Yeah, not nearly as popular or beloved. But hey, it's all about money, so I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just that the outcome won't have a bigger impact than having "The Shape" or "The Nightmare" in this game.
So please, I'd like to see even more non-licensed characters. I'm not saying Licensed characters should completely be scratched off the list, mind you. Just more of this, less of that.
The Halloween DLC is what got me into the game. While the original content is cool, I love the idea of being able to play as your favourite characters from different horror franchises. It’s been called the Smash Bros of horror and I think that’s pretty cool lol
I would like them to alternate chapters between oc and licensed. I don't want what happened to Telltale games, taking on more licences than the costs allowed, to happen to bhvr. Licenses will have to be renewed at some point, who knows if the rights holders will want more than originally paid. Spreading them out will make the costs easier to manage.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Licensed Characters brings new people to the game. Everyone loves playing their favorite horror icons as well as against them (usually). OC is needed though since they could come up with crazy and good ideas.
I find it hard to be invested in original survivors, especially the last few. They've been pretty lame.
I am always more interested when a licenced chapter is incorporated as it's intriguing to see how it's represented.
The stronger killers, or at least the ones who WERE pretty strong and/or fun were always non-licensed imo. Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress, etc.
Also, to me the only classic horror icon missing is Jason, and we all know why he is not here. Any other Killer not in the game is either forgettable or comes from a very specific movie/series/game that isn't nearly as popular or well known as the rest of the Licensed Killers. Most people know Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger, and like them. Then we have Pinhead, Candyman... even that Springtrap thing? Yeah, not nearly as popular or beloved. But hey, it's all about money, so I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just that the outcome won't have a bigger impact than having "The Shape" or "The Nightmare" in this game.
So please, I'd like to see even more non-licensed characters. I'm not saying Licensed characters should completely be scratched off the list, mind you. Just more of this, less of that.
The Halloween DLC is what got me into the game. While the original content is cool, I love the idea of being able to play as your favourite characters from different horror franchises. It’s been called the Smash Bros of horror and I think that’s pretty cool lol
I would like them to alternate chapters between oc and licensed. I don't want what happened to Telltale games, taking on more licences than the costs allowed, to happen to bhvr. Licenses will have to be renewed at some point, who knows if the rights holders will want more than originally paid. Spreading them out will make the costs easier to manage.
If it were not for the licensed characters, Dead by Daylight would not have the success it has now.