Changes to PH

We all know and love the famous Pyramid Head as the newest part of the DbD killer roster, however I feel that his kit isn't where it should be in terms of counter playability.

As it sits right now, if you're running up to a window, he can start holding M2 and if you vault the window, he can just M2 you, but if you fake the window he can just let go and M1 you for free. There's not much you can do to outplay PH's that play like this.

I feel that PH should have a slight cooldown, or movement speed penalty when he lets go of M2.

Unrelated to my previous points, but maybe PH should have to hold M2 for longer than half a second to put down tormented ground for survivors to walk on, its kind of hard to see a tiny section of ground that can give you torment.

Thoughts on these?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170568/changes-to-ph

    I agree with the tiny patch of Tormented ground not showing. However I'm fairly certain that there's already a cooldown (that can be avoided by immediately pressing M1, this may or may not be intentional), and already a movespeed decrease (He goes from 115% to 110% while using Rites of Judgement).

    Also, if you're in a position where he could M1 you with the immediate release, you were in a position where could have M1 lunged you mid-vault and gotten the hit regardless.

    So really the only concerns I agree with are the minuscule torment patches + M1 cancelling Rites of Judgement.

    I think you misunderstood - by slowdown I mean if he's out of M1 range, and he starts to hold M2, you vault the window and he M2's you, you dont vault he can just let go for free and catch up and M1 you - I want a slowdown after he lets go of M2 so he cant just tap M2 and force you to fake the window, and still get the hit for free.


    In otherwords, a a cooldown/slowdown between when he lets go of m2, and when he can m1 you

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1432638#Comment_1432638

    There is one. It's 0.5s long. And I would also say no more, unless you extend the base range of his power, or make the propagation wave much faster (especially keeping the upcoming server-side hit detection changes in mind)

    https://youtu.be/6lv9rNnxQho?t=225 Just take a quick look at this clip - idk about you, but that doesn't look like he gets a slowdown after he lets go of M2

  • Yes a movement slowdown, the attack slowdown isnt even noticeable 99% of the time so a movement slowdown would be better


    He needs to be penalized for letting go of M2 so he cant just run you down