Can Overcharge be voided?

I want to know if this is a perk worth using now that I got to rank 10. Doesn't seem like it as no one ever seems to fail the skillcheck. I believe I heard gen tapping voids it entirely? I found it hard to believe it wouldn't be fixed by now but I wonder...

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • I mean can they make the skillcheck not even happen.

    If someone taps it really quick does it not happen?

  • People can just tap the generator as a method of avoiding Hex: Ruin, but I think Overcharge is a required skill check that usually shows up as soon as you touch the generator. There are 2 Survivor perks that I know of that can easily counter Overcharge. One is This Is Not Happening which increases the success zones of all interactions (except for Decisive) while you are injured. The other one is Technician, which has a 50% chance to not have the generator explode at Tier 3.

  • You cannot avoid the Overcharge skill check. Even if you tap the gen and run away, you will get the skillcheck while running and if you miss it the gen will explode.
  • @ASurvkillivorer said:
    I want to know if this is a perk worth using now that I got to rank 10. Doesn't seem like it as no one ever seems to fail the skillcheck. I believe I heard gen tapping voids it entirely? I found it hard to believe it wouldn't be fixed by now but I wonder...

    Its just a skillcheck, the higher you climb, the better the survivors become and they hit more skillchecks.
    No, overcharge is the only gen-related thing that cant be countered by gentapping.

  • I mean can they make the skillcheck not even happen.

    If someone taps it really quick does it not happen?

    It’s guaranteed to happen. If someone tries to tap a gen, the skillcheck will appear and because that Survivor stops repairing the gen, they will automatically miss it. Survivors do this in when the Killer is near in order to stop the regression, but you can catch Survivors off guard because they will fail the Overcharge skillcheck and you'll instantly know that a Survivor is over there. 
  • You cannot gen-tap Overcharge - it appears regardless of what you do.