Bodyblocking = Cheating?

I main Wrath, I know, lame. But I just enjoy his play style. Also I'm awful at chasing and can get ran around pretty easily. So I like not having to commit to chases and just zip around. I usually rank high green or low purple.

One game, I was killing it (literally). I hooked everyone and "won" in that regard. By my definition, I never camped, tunneled, or slugged. I brought in addons that made me uncloak faster. And the survivors played well for the most part.

Although, one of them had a lot to say about my play style. They said the usual, "ur a stupid killer" & "slug and camper eww" but you know, with much more profane language. When I pointed out I had done none of those things they jabbed back with, "you cheated im reporting you". At that I was a completely new confused and asked how. "bodyblocking as wrath is bannable, wow, haven't you watched any youtubers or streamers? your totally banned" I watch Otz, Noob3, Tru3Talent, and many others etc. I feel like at some point I would've heard that pop up. I literally see some of them bodyblock. Are they just cheating too?

Comments

  • You can apparently be banned for body blocking but I think they are talking about blocking a survivor into a corner and not moving for the entire match.

    Stopping someone who has stepped into a stupid place, body blocking, then uncloaking to hit them is totally cool. I wouldn't worry about it.

  • Bodyblocking, according to the Game Rules, is not bannable.

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please contact one of our Community Coordinators. Their contact info can be found here. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685031/#Comment_685031

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping
  • @Nos37 said:

    Bodyblocking, according to the Game Rules, is not bannable.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    That's good to know buddy. Thank you for the feedback.

    I'm sure that it does mention body blocking if you try to report someone for trolling. As I say though, I think they are talking about not playing the game properly and just blocking someone for the entire match.

  • Bodyblocking for the entire match ought to be reportable, if not already. Otherwise, you could only report for inactivity (or for griefing if they have done this to you on several occasions).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It really should be, hell body blocking a killer should just auto damage the survivor touching them.

    You're gonna be ecstatic when you find the left mouse button ;D