yo devs fix your game

I have thoroughly played around a dozen online games for thousands and thousands of hours. Dead by daylight takes the cake for being the most imbalanced game I have seen to date years after its initial release. |

I will now list some things on my mind.

Mount Ormond among other maps. Lucky to squeeze a hit in after survivors make several gigantic mistakes. In general because of the poorly designed maps, low skilled survivors outperform high skilled survivors on more fair maps in my experience.

Some map layouts. Why are there tiles with loops into more loops into more loops. Why is the default that the killer has to uber insane MLG mindgame karate chop just to beat the default layout of a map? It shouldn't be possible to go to 3, 4, 5 pallets in a row after double window into another god window.

DS, instaheals, etc. - 4 downs to get 1 kill? How many freebies do survivors get? The amount of outs and plays available to survivors is triple or quadruple what killers can do.

3 and 4 man SWF - I love how they can give me free hits and make dumb plays to troll for fun while they gangbang teabag flashlight me because they know I have no chance unless I am god tier streamer. Even then I see god tier streamer killers lose to average SWFs. Survivors do not need to be efficient at all and they can destroy almost every player who is a killer.

Gen speed - are you serious? 2 gens pop under a minute, 3 under 2 minutes. Killers are under WAY more pressure than survivors.

Hatch. okay the freebie last man is a fun little gimmick I guess although its not deserved.

But keys in the hatch for 3 people when the game is just starting to get good. What a buzz kill. What a drop kick in the nuts. Keys should NOT be in the game. Or at the very least when there is keys there should be an aura like a gen. Defending 3 gens end game is hard enough. Add in some rando key hatch you dont even know about? Terrible design. Not fun or a good interaction.

Killer perks - more than half are not viable. A huge reason why a larger variety of builds are not possible is because of how stupid gen speeds are. Killers will do anything to slow them even though it seems to be futile.

In red ranks, the game is insanely imbalanced. It is not even close. Then when you throw in the ability to make premade groups (SWFS) that use voice that by itself counters many killers powers/perks and in general gain 4x the amount of intel - obviously the game becomes more than lopsided. If this were not true then the top killers would not be struggling so bad against groups, let alone solo high ranked players.

Tournaments massively change rules because it is clear how imbalanced the game actually is. This game does not do itself justice. It could be great, but because of these balancing issues it is low class.

Moreover, what is going on with matchmaking and the ranking system?

Over the course of today, I got 6x 4ks and a few 3ks with others going in the hatch and I was neutral on pip. I got lucky. Many of them I got gold in every category. Some were after they completed enough gens. Then I get games on ormond against a swf and other similar games where I literally struggle to find anyone because they just call out where I am and abandon their gens across the map and hide. I struggle to down anyone until gens are done in 4 minutes. I then depip obviously. Why do my wins not count, but my losses that are against unwinnable teams count against me.

I have searched about this issue and it is apparent the game has been in this diabolical state since release. Killers have stated their complaints for years with the devs straight up ignoring them. I suppose everyone has quit or become a slave to this broken system. At high level it is no secret. The game balance is trash. It is more than frustrating because this game could be so much better.

YO DEVS FIX YOUR GAME! THE BALANCE OF THIS GAME IS WACK.

Comments

  • They don’t need to fix anything. It’s actually quite opposite of what you say. You’re only having a bad experience because you need good perks and a good headset I presume? That would help a lot. I get 4Ks every game with plague. Killers actually have the upper hand in most games as I’ve experienced playing solo survivor. As for swf it might prove to be more challenging for killers. But I’ve went against that as killer where they made god like plays and I still beat them. I’m telling you you need to work on things. Killers are really OP and the complaints just make it worse. Have you tried solo surviving? It’s disgusting how sad the win rate is for survivors on that. And I look at scoreboards after the game I play with rank 1-3 survivors. How are they red rank max rank and still dying and giving killers constant 4Ks? It’s EASY I’m telling you you’re doing it wrong! 🤣 there are good strategies that are almost unbeatable. Killers abilities to hit survivors through windows with a reach that extends the length of a football field (exaggerating - but it really is ridiculous) constantly I go into games as survivor where killers are now swinging at windows because they know they will get a hit through it. I noticed it right away there’s something wrong with the reach. I don’t think they should be able to hit you unless you’re in the vaulting animation. But whatever. So long story short more often than not killers are coming out with more victories than losses when you go in there having some experience and map knowledge. Get good!

  • i Think killers are the privileged ones. If they don’t get all 4 every game they straight up complain. “It’s affecting my pip omggggg my life is a wreck. The forums need to know about this” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    i Think killers are the privileged ones. If they don’t get all 4 every game they straight up complain. “It’s affecting my pip omggggg my life is a wreck. The forums need to know about this” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    I can see you're a troll so I will disregard everything you say. I watch the best killers in the game to see how they handle survivors and they are struggling against your run of the mill teams. Throw 4 good survivors and they struggle or have zero chance depending on the caliber of survivors. Otz an amazing killer plays against the team legacy with spirit (S++ tier killer) on a small map and it is painful to watch. (on his youtube)

  • You are clearly a troll and have no perspective. I have my experiences, but I also am noting tournaments and top players. Just watch Otz on youtube, Spirit (S++ tier) on a small map against team Legacy. It is painful to watch. The top killer mains in the game struggle against your run of the mill SWF. I am talking about the top .0001% of killers. Nobody ever wants to get nerfed, but sorry survivors, you're long overdue.