Killer camping
Hi I’m fairly new to this game but I have fallen in love with it the only thing that makes me want to stop playing this game is killers that camp and stand there and watch you die I would like if you could set it to where the sacrificial process would be on halt as long as the killer is in a curtain radius around you that will stop the camping and make a much better and intense gameplay
Comments
Like I said, I was there too. I completely understand where you are coming from. But, like you said, they are not going to move it to a casual mode. They won't, and they'll use the excuse that it will divide the player base.
The only thing they will do is balance it as much as they can, and they have been working towards that. The argument I am making here is that you can't create balance with emotions. It has to be done objectively, and none of our feelings can come into play on it, as biases will create imbalance.
This isn't an attack on Killer mains, nor is it an attempt to silence anyone. I love hearing opinions, and I will happily debate them if I disagree. But, none of it is personal. We need to look at both sides, and we need to stop perpetuating myths and untruths.
I know they screwed up when they shoehorned SWF into ranked. They panicked and rushed it out, and have been dealing with it ever since. We can't change that.
We can try to help by giving opinions and possible options, but if we're basing those opinions on personal biases, then it'll never work. If false information, such as the 70% myth, is used to argue for something, than that argument cannot be taken seriously. That opinion will try to push for more than is necessary because the person believes in something untrue.
I don't know that. I'm not nearly as jaded and negative as you are.
I see them making changes. The current PTB patch notes show numerous changes to maps that cut off long loops. They have been reworking and tweaking killers to make them more viable. They are trying to come up with ideas to change the endgame. They straight up said, in the last Q&A that they are planning on adding more things to do for the survivors in order to make matches longer for the killers.
Balance is happening. The game has come leaps and bounds just in the past few months. Did you ever stop and think it's not the community, or the devs, or the game, but maybe it's your own pessimistic outlook on it that is causing you to see it as so much worse than it actually is?
Just some food for thought.
Sadly that happens quite frequently.
There are some weird survivors with bouncing spider legs around them that camp me while blinking with a flashlight at me. That really makes you reconsider what you understand when talking about "horror games"
You're right, regarding SC. The devs blatantly said that they have no plans on changing it, as it stands right now, because of the changes that were made to numerous perks that can be used to counter it or slow it down further.
They just said in the last Q&A that they tried to add the DS change this chapter patch, but they couldn't, and that it is definitely coming in the mid-chapter patch.
The hatch doesn't need to be changed. Instead, they need to look more at the endgame as a whole. Survivors don't "sip a latte deciding which one will leave and get the extra points". Your obvious bias is showing. Most times, that hatch escape was well-deserved, no matter how much you want to cry about it. You got three kills already, more than likely. You don't need, nor deserve, nor are you entitled to a 4k every match.
Changes are happening. Just because it's not fast enough for your taste doesn't mean they're not. Honestly, you are incredibly negative. This is exactly why Matt initially made the "go play some Civ 5" comment. You need to chill out and realize that it's just a game. There's probably things that are far more important to be this wound up about.
Yeah, they beg for attention. Depending on my mood i give them my undevided attention for the rest of the match or i ignore them for the best part of the game.
I defend camping because it has a counter. It's not the killer's fault if the survivors refuse to employ said counter.
Anybody who thinks about it knows how bad camping should be for the killer. Every moment somebody is on a gen, the killer is losing time to get his work done.
Most of the time, it's better to leave the hook and chase somebody else if you can as that effectively pulls 3 people off generators. But it's up to the killer to make a judgement call as to when it's appropriate to run back to the hook, and it's up to the survivors to make the judgement call when to pressure the gens and to rush the hook.
Let's face it, most of the complaints about camping are just bad survivors that can't understand this and refuse to employ the counterplay because of some inflated sense of morality that shouldn't apply in a game where sometimes survival is about just running faster than the guy next to you.
If the gates are already open, why do you care about the hatch? That seems pretty pointless. The only reason you should be complaining about the hatch is because the gates aren't open. Now you're just complaining to complain.
No, I'm responding to what you are saying. Don't infer anything else. I care nothing about your time in the game, because it doesn't change the fact that all of the things you have said have come from a place of negativity and emotion, instead of reason and rationality.
I don't know what to tell you. Don't play the game like other survivors? Or killers? I don't feel like I'm on a train when I'm playing killer, probably because I don't let the survivors control the match. I assume if you are trying to get my attention, it's because you don't want me patrolling gens, which I then proceed to do. So, I don't really get looped, and I make a bunch of points, and I pip, and I usually walk with at least two kills. I don't need more than that, because I don't let my ego control my happiness in a video game.
It's a mind game, like so many things in this title.
That video is not helping your argument lol. I couldn't bother to watch the whole thing. I watched the first four minute chase, but I can't be bothered with a 44 minute video. I'm getting ready to go to the movies.
Seriously, he didn't break any pallets to make areas unsafe. There were zero mindgames by the killer. He totally let the survivor take the lead in that dance. There were multiple opportunities for him to capitalize on, and he didn't take them, and then he got brought back through areas he had already chased through because they were still safe. All in all, horrible killer plays there. It's a terrible example to prove a point with.
Honestly, if you posted that video to show what usually happens to you, then you need to rethink your strategy as a killer. The only thing we should take from that chase was "this is how not to play as killer".
But that first chase really was terrible, you have to admit. I was laughing while watching it.
oooooor we could actually reward them for not camping? (:
One question.
Why does the survivor deserve the hatch after his mates died? Its not like he has done anything to accomplish that, he could have been sitting in closets the whole game too.
Why does the last survivor need, or deserve an escape?
Facecamping has been removed from teh game anyway, so you cant perform it anymore and thus wont get banned
The hatch is there to provide an intense match till the end because everyone knows what's going to happen if you are the last survivor with 2 or 3 gens left and no hatch.
Camping is just one of those issues that can't be helped. When I played Killer, I never camped since it was so boring. It's just something you need to take with a grain of salt and move on.