With the new code/login reward system = ptb should grant bp to allow for testing of its features?

Ie it makes sense that on the ptb (not the live servers and said rewards/codes should never be active on them) should grant a porportional amount of Bloodpoints to level charecters from new/old chapters in order to test the new features?

that or making things auto unlocked/infinite bp. like, how would one be able to test a lot of the content (Expecially with new chapter releases) if they can't unlock it outside of a custom game?

Comments

  • This is actually the exact reason I no longer play test on the PTB. As much as I may be excited for the release of an upcoming chapter or the new mechanics and features about to be implemented in a mid-chapter patch, I realized a long time ago it's generally not worth the sacrifice for Bloodpoints, and more importantly far more recently: The Rift.

    While a Rift is active there is absolutely NO reason for me to participate in any PTB. The game itself is already grindy enough as it is without the Rift but with it even more so, it's going to take me forever to get Rift done if I even do (I've successfully completed all three rifts thus far but only because I was dumb enough to panic-buy the last few tiers on the third rift with actual money because I was busy recently and couldn't get on as frequently as I used to) so why hop on the PTB if I can just watch others do it?

    From watching enough content from people covering the PTB I can gain a well enough understanding and form a reasonable opinion about the upcoming features without actually wasting any of my own time. This way I still get all the bloodpoints and iridescent shards and rift fragments (if a rift is active) that I normally get while still satiating my curiosity for what's going on on the PTB and it's new features.

    Sounds kinda scummy when I actually say it out loud (figuratively speaking) but it's just true facts. There's no incentive or reason to play test on the PTB beyond the "experience" which I can get off watching youtube videos and streamers cover it (though I don't watch streamers too often). As long as I'm patient enough to wait for whatever new content is coming to hit the live servers there's no upside to playing on the PTB.


    If I got something out of it like 2x iridescent shards, or like a couple million BP then maybe I'd do it. Because again, you have to factor in how much time people play on the PTB if they're spending hours a day and days in a week until the PTB's gone in 2 weeks, some 500,000 BP isn't gonna cut it, with BP offerings I could get that in maybe two hours or less. It should probably scale depending on how much time / how many days you spent in the PTB I don't know if they have access to that information though, since they can't even track player stats.

    That's another reason not to go on the PTB! There's an event live right now, how the hell am I going to recoup my loss of Gateau's that I could collect and reap the benefits of if I'm on the PTB? Answer currently: I can't.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    This is actually the exact reason I no longer play test on the PTB. As much as I may be excited for the release of an upcoming chapter or the new mechanics and features about to be implemented in a mid-chapter patch, I realized a long time ago it's generally not worth the sacrifice for Bloodpoints, and more importantly far more recently: The Rift.

    While a Rift is active there is absolutely NO reason for me to participate in any PTB. The game itself is already grindy enough as it is without the Rift but with it even more so, it's going to take me forever to get Rift done if I even do (I've successfully completed all three rifts thus far but only because I was dumb enough to panic-buy the last few tiers on the third rift with actual money because I was busy recently and couldn't get on as frequently as I used to) so why hop on the PTB if I can just watch others do it?

    From watching enough content from people covering the PTB I can gain a well enough understanding and form a reasonable opinion about the upcoming features without actually wasting any of my own time. This way I still get all the bloodpoints and iridescent shards and rift fragments (if a rift is active) that I normally get while still satiating my curiosity for what's going on on the PTB and it's new features.

    Sounds kinda scummy when I actually say it out loud (figuratively speaking) but it's just true facts. There's no incentive or reason to play test on the PTB beyond the "experience" which I can get off watching youtube videos and streamers cover it (though I don't watch streamers too often). As long as I'm patient enough to wait for whatever new content is coming to hit the live servers there's no upside to playing on the PTB.

    If I got something out of it like 2x iridescent shards, or like a couple million BP then maybe I'd do it. Because again, you have to factor in how much time people play on the PTB if they're spending hours a day and days in a week until the PTB's gone in 2 weeks, some 500,000 BP isn't gonna cut it, with BP offerings I could get that in maybe two hours or less. It should probably scale depending on how much time / how many days you spent in the PTB I don't know if they have access to that information though, since they can't even track player stats.

    That's another reason not to go on the PTB! There's an event live right now, how the hell am I going to recoup my loss of Gateau's that I could collect and reap the benefits of if I'm on the PTB? Answer currently: I can't.

    Im not asking to get things for playing the ptb

    im asking for things to be able to test things during the ptb

    obviously the game has its own grind and event going on now, so theres far less incentive, but at the same time how is one to test everything they can (outside of a swf) if they don't have the abilities/charecters/perks unlocked yet? we have new chapter charecters auto unlocked during a ptb, why not the perks themselves?/ addons etc

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426109#Comment_1426109

    Im not asking to get things for playing the ptb

    im asking for things to be able to test things during the ptb

    obviously the game has its own grind and event going on now, so theres far less incentive, but at the same time how is one to test everything they can (outside of a swf) if they don't have the abilities/charecters/perks unlocked yet? we have new chapter charecters auto unlocked during a ptb, why not the perks themselves?/ addons etc

    Makes sense. Kinda makes everything I wrote a complete waste given the context of what you actually meant but yeah, makes sense.

    My point still stands though. Players should be compensated for playing on the PTB, there should be some kind of incentive. Not that it matters, because, it's not what your thread is about.

    Ah well. Missed opportunity.

  • I feel like they should just have all perks unlocked on the PTB rather than mirroring your progress on the live version. Makes it really hard to test new content when you first have to start from scratch with perk builds. The only downside of this is you wouldnt be able to test lower versions of perks for bugs that could occur with the lvl 1 or 2 versions rather than lvl 3.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I feel like they should just have all perks unlocked on the PTB rather than mirroring your progress on the live version. Makes it really hard to test new content when you first have to start from scratch with perk builds. The only downside of this is you wouldnt be able to test lower versions of perks for bugs that could occur with the lvl 1 or 2 versions rather than lvl 3.

    Yeah i feel the same way.

    @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1426781#Comment_1426781

    Makes sense. Kinda makes everything I wrote a complete waste given the context of what you actually meant but yeah, makes sense.

    My point still stands though. Players should be compensated for playing on the PTB, there should be some kind of incentive. Not that it matters, because, it's not what your thread is about.

    Ah well. Missed opportunity.

    i mean i think the direct incentive is testing things, and the ability to form an opinion for the devs to balance around, but i would like to see a genuine incentive, even if its just a small bp bonus or tag that says playtester or something